Does anyone else's trigger grunt at them?

julianp

I've had a 6" pinktail trigger for the past two months and in the past week he has begun "grunting" and clicking at me whenever I feed him :rollface:. The first time I heard it I thought I was going crazy, but he's done it numerous times since.

Have any of you heard a trigger do this before? It's pretty strange.

-Julian

It's a very common behavior in triggers. Just wait until he starts spitting at you when he's hungry.

Dave

mine does it. I had a disease outbreak in my tank, looked like velvet - only two fish of the six were sick, but they were looking really bad. they were a pink tail trigger and dogface puffer.

I didn't have a treatment tank big enough for all the fish and eels, so was not able to let the display lie fallow. I made the choice to treat the 120 gallon, bare bottom, FOWLR tank with quinine sulfate, and gave the trigger and the puffer daily formalin dips for a couple weeks.

Every single time I took the trigger out for a dip, he grunted. Over time, as he recovered, I could tell he was feeling better because he grunted more/louder and got harder to net.

I have a golden heart trigger he does it all the , Sounds like a mantis hitting on a glass tank , can here it 20' away . He loves to soak me everytime i open the top , carry shampoo just in case.LOL>

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11623079#post11623079 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wolverine
It's a very common behavior in triggers. Just wait until he starts spitting at you when he's hungry.

Dave

Haha! One of his tank-mates is a porcupine puffer (the dude in my avatar) who is capable of spitting water 8 feet away from the tank when I open the canopy door. At feeding time, I have to rush to give him food quickly and before everyone else, otherwise I get soaked. I can manage well enough with one fish spitting at me, but with two, feeding is going to be quite the task.

yeah the sounds they make are awesome. We should all be happy they arent the size of sharks!!! otherwise we wouldnt be able to set foot in the ocean!

Back