Does anyone in Ocala have a reef tank still?

JonezNReef

Did everyone in the hobby that lived in the marion county just quit and take down there tanks or what? Just wondering

I've got a couple tanks still. I don't check in here very often anymore. I've been super busy with other endeavors, but I don't think I'll ever give up the hobby entirely. Let me know if you want to meet up/trade corals/whatever. I'm in SW Ocala.

Thanks,
Ed

Thats Awesome! I don't have a lot of coral ATM since my 65gal crashed about a year back. Luckily I had a 40gal Breeder setup and was able to save a little bit of my coral and I am slowly getting my 180gal going. I doubt I would have anything available you would be interested in as you probably already have it, had it or aren't interested in. But I am slowly trying to acquire more coral so if you happen to have any frags I might be interested it them.

I do! I am more newby status (not the seasoned hand you were calling out to), but I went from zero to 60 in education quick, just waiting to show it in my tank. Going snails pace. Lol.

I have a 125 LPS dominant mixed reef and 60 seahorse tank (gorgonians photosynthetic and NPS, and softies.) I culture rotifers, tigger and apocalyptic pods, two types of phyto (nano and isocrysis.) I have 10 seahorses, 5 species.

Nothing cool enough in my Reef tank to share yet, but when there is, I will. I have been fooling around with making my own rock and cool aquascaping, and more culturing and a CB fish setup.

I would like be more active with MORE, but I stay way too busy. (No clue how... see above) Hopefully when they do more little events I will get the chance. The big days trips are just not an option at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ive always wanted to try a seahorse tank but I spend enough time on my other coral tanks as it is and I too don't have as much time as I would like. I am a huge DIY person and have been making my own rock here and there and have a few pieces I made in my 180. I also made my own skimmer, foam and rock overflow cover, frag plugs, ATS, and I am currently designing a plywood and glass tank for my future project since I can't afford the tank of my dreams...but I can build it.
Everything I do in this hobby is at a snails pace but they say that nothing good happens fast in this hobby.
Just glad Im not the only person in the area that enjoys reef tanks.

So what LFS would you guys recommend and which ones should be avoided?

I'm a bit out of the loop as far as MORE goes because I don't have Facebook, and I can't find the time for anything more involved than an afternoon meeting once in awhile. I would be interested in low-key group meetings like once a month, but I don't know what or how they do things these days.

Discussing LFS's is a tricky thing, especially on RC. I would suggest keeping "stores to avoid" within private messages.

As far as recommended stores up here, I like "Ocala Reef" and "Aquatic Design."

It sounds like you have some neat stuff, dogshowgrl. I would totally be interested in buying some of your cultures if you are interested and are producing extra.

Hopefully we can get a little more activity generated on the board here. Nice to hear from both of you!

-Ed

I was unaware Aquatic Design had livestock.

As far as MORE I never had time to join or meet back when I started and not to sure I would have time to do it now. I too don't have facebook either so don't feel bad LOL

Back