Does anyone know if I can feed my anemones wild caught shrimp? caught shrimp

HyperAquatics

hello everyone!

I've had my anemones now for over a year (super stoked about that btw) and I usually just feed them frozen brine shrimp from the pet store in the cubes with a dropper thing. I was wondering if I can feed my anemones store-bought wild-caught shrimp with salt added or if I should stick to my current regime. I really want to see the anemones grow more and that's why I'm asking this. Thanks so much!

Welcome HyperAquatics! Yes, you can feed your nems shrimp. The more you feed, the bigger they get. You'll have to figure out how often to feed the larger shrimp, but that shouldn't be too hard. Remove any food they don't eat, so you don't pollute the tank.

Yes, you can feed shrimp for the seafood dept. of the grocery store. I usually let them soak in water for a few minutes. Also, you don't mention what species of anemone you have, but generally speaking, chopping the pieces to peanut size is a good idea.

Hi, thanks, I’ve been feeding my BTA well, it just split a month if so ago and both men’s are happy with the shrimp.

I wouldn't recommend it

I wouldn't recommend it

Your nem can surely eat chopped raw shrimp but wild shrimp may contain bacteria that are harmful to their gut health. I had this first hand experience way back.
Only feed your nems stuff that is not wild caught from the sea. I usually feed them what I feed my fish. My experience is that nems take beef heart readily and is it suitable for larger nems.

I used to go to the grocery store and buy wild shrimp, fish, and clams and blend in a blender then flatten in ziplock bags to freeze for years and used for my whole tank, no issues.

Back