does this stand seem strong enough...

Everyone builds stands with 2x4 because they are inexpensive, extremely sturdy and require only a few tools.

Do we know what type of fasteners were used?

Everyone builds stands with 2x4 because they are inexpensive, extremely sturdy and require only a few tools.

Do we know what type of fasteners were used?

unfortunately, no...

That's an expensive tank! Why not play it safe and avoid nasty surprises down the road?

i got an awesome deal through a fellow reefer in town! i will probably be reenforcing it before i put the tank on that stand

As others have stated, you do not have to have a center brace if your header is big enough, which may be the problem. That header is a little on the thin side in my opinion, but if you got it at the LFS then I'm sure it works okay, or else they probably would have gotten a lot of complaints! I certainly would want a nice looking/built stand for such a nice aquarium, but to each his own. Keep in mind, most stands are WAY overbuilt on here, one vertical 2x4 supports 22,000 lbs...

As others have stated, you do not have to have a center brace if your header is big enough, which may be the problem. That header is a little on the thin side in my opinion, but if you got it at the LFS then I'm sure it works okay, or else they probably would have gotten a lot of complaints! I certainly would want a nice looking/built stand for such a nice aquarium, but to each his own. Keep in mind, most stands are WAY overbuilt on here, one vertical 2x4 supports 22,000 lbs...

yeah i love the way the stand looks... i dont get why people just dont want simplicity

Back