dolphin abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part of the whole thing is we try to protect these beautiful creatures here at home but when they cross to the other countries, their safety becomes compromise. Dolphins are very vulnerable because they interact with humans and known to follow ships,vessels or what not to "play" and little do they know some people really dont value them as wonderful creatures and become an easy target.

There has to be a better system for putting dolphins to death (if that is even necessary) other than that barbaric system I witnessed in the video.

I've never eaten dolphin, and growing up I remember how it was a huge advertising campaign that we could buy dolphin-safe tuna.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9241492#post9241492 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
There has to be a better system for putting dolphins to death (if that is even necessary) other than that barbaric system I witnessed in the video.

I've never eaten dolphin, and growing up I remember how it was a huge advertising campaign that we could buy dolphin-safe tuna.

Well look at in this way..

From the looks of it we can now buy Tuna Safe Dolphin.... :D

You know as sad as this is, you have to put it into perspective of whats going on in the world today. Take Darfur for example, humans being treated the same way.......

true, but at least humans can fight back a little more. It is sad that it 2007 this crap still goes on. I am not PRO pita but this crap is a joke. Someone should do the same to them!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9242695#post9242695 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mburnickas
true, but at least humans can fight back a little more. It is sad that it 2007 this crap still goes on. I am not PRO pita but this crap is a joke. Someone should do the same to them!!!!

they don't seem to be fairing much better

What bothers me is that this are intelligent creatures, roughly the same intelligence as chimps or gorillas and they are wild and were being killed. Another thing to consider is the way they were killed. The majority of animals killed for meat are killed humanly in the US. I have seen videos, a cow is killed by a metal rod going into the brain, killing it instantly. This were cut repeatedly as they writhed in pain and bled out/suffocated. This is disgusting, and cannot be compared to the way we slaughter animals in america. Some cows are slaughter for kosher style or whatever and thats because of a person culture, but the cows were raised for that purpose. I would be more ok with it if they were killed instantly or were raised and killed instantly and not dragged through the street.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9242695#post9242695 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mburnickas

i would hardly call the pillage, rape and slaughtering of innocent men, women and children in darfur "fighting back".

please don't compare inhumanely killing dolphins for food in japan to the ethnic cleansing of the fur, zaghawa, and massaleit in darfur, it's not even close.

How do you catalogue something as "human" when half the human population thinks it's ok and the other half thinks is wrong?

I guess we should boycott japanese products too while we're at it :rolleyes: , that means no more Playstation/Nintendo 1/2 of all Xbox games, anime and all the other japanese made/developed merchandise that we as americans consume on a daily basis.

Stop being so self-righteous, our hobby is a prime example of how stuff shouldn't be done. An industry that thrives on the pillage of the natural resources of the ocean many times on a manner just as disgusting as having a dolphin hanging from it's tail out of water. Ever seen a reef after it's been sprayed with cyanide to collect fish for our tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back