Doni Marie clown's

Same thing with my yellow blotched anthias. I paid $275 for it when it first came out and now they're under $200. But I didn't want to wait so I shelled out the $$ to be one of the first to get it at that time. As more of them hit the market the price went down but I was proud to say that I was one of the first if not the first to own one in Sacramento.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15504706#post15504706 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Katowoo
So ILL are you saying that I overpaid for the pair of Snowcasso's? I looked through all the vids on the A's and B's and the sole pair of Snowcasso's that I purchased definitely had a ton more white than all the other pairs.
I wouldn't worry about it. If you are happy with the pair you purchased, it doesn't matter what others think. No two are going to look the same.

Exactly :thumbsup: Good call Chuck.

What matters most is YOU like what YOU put in YOUR tank :) After all, it's YOU that has to clean it and look at it!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15505110#post15505110 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
:lol: I have a Kindle, what I paid for that seems outrageous to others, worth every penny to me. :D

what's a kindle?

An ereader(electronic book). A pricey gadget. You download books to it and read from it.

i had the pleasure of visiting Doni Marie's house and hand picking my picasso since it's just a short drive from my house in NC.

Doni is a very nice honest person. I picked out a "Grade B" and it has more white than ORA "Grade A". Her pricing is very reasonable.

I would recommend her to any of my friends.

picasso

picasso

picking up the first pair of picassos to come into ireland tomorrow after waiting about 9 months or so cant wait 1 grade A and 1 grade B i seen them today in the lfs and was wondering do all picassos fill in black like a true perc or do some stay orange and white like mine are at the moment? i dont know if they are from doni or ora.

Last edited:
Nothing beats Doni's prices...even if you include shipping, it's still cheaper than what your LFS will sell ORA picassos to you...I mean c'mon, average is $300+ for a pair depending on the LFS...some even jack up the price to ~$500 a pair...

Not all Perculas fill in with black. I have a large, 2.25 inch percula that has not filled in with black and three smaller ones that have filled in with black.

bump

Got an e-mail she has a few more pairs for sale, both A's and B's. And I also got a reply from her saying that she will try and offer "pairs" paired up with a host coral (likely an anenome of some sort).

I traded my ORA Picasso's because it was an impulse buy, and when I went to pick them up (some 60 miles away), they were kinda too big for my current tank.

I am hoping to upgrade to a 29g, 30g cube or something similar around Christmas. Maybe even a used 40g breeder.

I would like to get a pair of A's - now that I go back and forth between A's and B's.

Anyone snatching them up? Any new pictures? I am so intrigued by these fish.

These are latest pics of mine, black definitely filling in, especially on male.
I've read recently the type of nem they are hosted by can have an effect on color.
These are my lil gems in their fav RBTA

clowns240.jpg

clowns229.jpg

clowns270.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15639836#post15639836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
I've read recently the type of nem they are hosted by can have an effect on color.

I have as well. Have you noticed this in any of your clowns?

Beautiful pictures. :)

No way to tell, these guys are fairly young still, just developing colors, and thanks.
Those pics are about a month old, need to update, they are changing/growing quickly.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15639977#post15639977 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
No way to tell, these guys are fairly young still, just developing colors, and thanks.
Those pics are about a month old, need to update, they are changing/growing quickly.

How old are they?

If I recall, there was about 2 people who chimed in before the change on the boards.

RC is in the process of getting all the old posts restored.

No the posts that were made during those 2 days are gone. It's in the announcements and was in my sig line. ;)

Back