Do's and don't moving tank!

I put holes in mine and fed the air pump chord through the hole.

Made the move! Went well and looks much better than before with the new sand!

Before
5a8yge4u.jpg

After
dezyze6a.jpg

With new sand comes cycle. Most reefers forget when you change rocks/sand/water a cycle can happen. That is what causes most people problems. Coral will last a day no problem. Ive seen frag bags left in car and still made it days later.

I highly suggest keeping all your rock fully submerged.. That's your bio and wet paper IMO will cause major die off inside the rock.. That will assure you that your rock is still alive.. The longer it's out of water the worse it is. .

i have had to doo a few moved on y 55 gallon Not usually two far but i own a ton of 5 gallon buckets and just put all the rock fish and coral into buckes and fill with the tank water except for the water that is stired up at the bottom of the tank from the sand. then when i get it set up i put heaters in the buckets that have the fish in them and corals and put the rock and water back into the tank and turn the heaters up and get them aclamated to the same temp and if it takes a while i throw a bubbler in the fish buckets

Thank you everyone for the help! The tank was a successful move on Saturday into my house! Looks really good with the new sand

Back