Dosing, Calcium reactor, or kalk water?

asmodyus

So this is my tank I'm having no problems growing softies and pallys. Anything else pretty much dies eventually. Torches and elegance corals have jump ship and Sps slowly bleach or there skins flackes off, or get algae and die. Since than I have added 2 active reactors carbon and GFO, And an ozonator. to get more stabilization I wanted to know what route should I go dosing pumps, Calcium reactor, or Kalk water in ato?

Tank is 4'x2' 120, Alk is between 11 and 12, Calcium is 480, and mag is 1350 nitrate been offering around 0 to 2. lighting is 2 T5 blue purple, 2 T5 led blue, and 2 hd hydra Ai.
d6a42c4c65869a02b6b510ff3ac7b216.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Calcium reactor will bring PH down a bit. Hows your PH ? I prefer dosing. I couldn't get the calcium reactor locked in. always messing with it.

PH pretty stable always a shade of purple that looks to be around 8.0 on the tester.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There are a lot of things this could be. If your nutrients are very low (you said 0-2ppm nitrate, if it was normally at 0 this would apply), you may want to try lowering your alk to 7-8 and calcium to 400-420. It could be a lighting issue, metals in the tank, the list goes on.

I'd probably change 1 thing at a time, or setup a small tank and see if you can eliminate variables that way. Get a cheap SPS frag at a time and see what fixes it.

If u truly do have low nutrients lower your alk to 8. Spa don't tend to do well long term with low nutrients and high alk.

Back