Double up build up

looks pretty good.

your koralias looks mall in that tank compared to the 75g lol. I agree that the tank needs a little more height to the pillars

also im curious as to if the rubble in the front serves a function, or if it is there because you like it there?

My Jawfish built his home there. Instead of pulling the rubble to make a home , he just rearranged it and made that his home.
DSC_0028-2.jpg

Well I added 20lbs of rock, basically two 10 pounders. I placed them in the middle to try to raise the rock work.
DSC_0089-2.jpg

DSC_0085-3.jpg

DSC_0086-1.jpg

DSC_0087-3.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I like the island look so maybe to build some height a two island setup would really get it up higher.

Tank is doing great. surprisingly enough my rbta is down on the sand bed w/ the Ati fixture about 2 inches from top of tank. seems to be doing well. Replaced my return pump with a quiet one 6000.

have you thought about adding a bunch of dry base rock and place your live rock on top? It'd sure be cheaper than adding live rock. I have a very similar tank, and the height makes it look sparse without a ton of rock in it.

Lookin good so far

I have actually. not to many places around here have base rock locally. My big fear is having the rocks fall over.

I really like the idea of the 3 pillars, it will look awesome. However, I agree that it needs more rock. I would personally add another 50lbs or so.

Love the tank I have the same tank down in Miami, FL. One question though, you live in Brandenton, FL but I notice you don't have a chiller. Do you encounter temp problems, because it is almost impossible to maintain a reef tank in Miami without a chiller.

Love the tank I have the same tank down in Miami, FL. One question though, you live in Brandenton, FL but I notice you don't have a chiller. Do you encounter temp problems, because it is almost impossible to maintain a reef tank in Miami without a chiller.

Tank hangs out at about 80-81 in summer. I will be putting a new a/c vent over the tank to keep the heat from the lights down. On the hottest days I get 82..

I just read through your thread and I would suggest using some acrylic rods with a shelf looking rock to put on top of the pillars. It looks cool because you can make the pillars lean a little bit. JMO.

I just read through your thread and I would suggest using some acrylic rods with a shelf looking rock to put on top of the pillars. It looks cool because you can make the pillars lean a little bit. JMO.

Not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate a little.

I will look for a pic of the example I'm referring to. It looks similar to a bonzai tree. On this type of aquascape they drill through the rocks and slide in an acrylic rod to hold it together.

Replaced my Ati fixture w/ a current orbit hqi. 2x250 w mh, 4x54 t5 and 18 lunar lights. Corals seem to like it, especially the anemones, and the shimmer is awesome.
DSC_0062-1.jpg

DSC_0034-5.jpg

DSC_0035-4.jpg

DSC_0060-4.jpg

DSC_0057-5.jpg

DSC_0053-5.jpg

DSC_0051-4.jpg

DSC_0039-5.jpg

Back