Double up build up

Nice tank. :) I have the same melanarus wrasse and they are reef safe. They are very good to have in a reef tank, they eat red flatworms, clam eating flatworms, and aefw.

I'm thinking about replacing that whole stack of rocks on the left hand side to get rid of the xenias. My lfs wants them and they'll trade me out for lr from their main dt. Their rock has lots of different coral on it. For whatever reason they love xenias.

I'm thinking about replacing that whole stack of rocks on the left hand side to get rid of the xenias. My lfs wants them and they'll trade me out for lr from their main dt. Their rock has lots of different coral on it. For whatever reason they love xenias.

I'd do it in a heart beat. Make sure the weight of the rock is same / close too! Keep a small frag so that you can do it again later ;)

The lfs is going to give me 1.5:1 lb ratio on my rock. They have some nicely cured rock plus the rock from their dt.

On another note; how high should I hang my fixture off the top of the tank to help keep temps down but still not loose too much light intensity? Running 2 250w phoenix 14k
3 ati blue plus
1 fiji purple

I think it's looking good! The maroon clowns are one of my favorites! The rock work is very minimalistic but if you like it I would keep it. Everything looks good and if your worried about having enough rock you can always put some rubble in the sump.

At this point the biological filtration aspect of the tank is not an issue. I do have plenty of rubble in the sump and I have not seen any traces of nitrates in over a year. The tank has been up and running for over 3 years, I've just upgraded the tank size a few times. The main reason for adding rock would be for aesthetics and of course the added benefits of nitrifying bacteria would just be a plus. Being that I have tangs though I want to keep plenty of swimming space for them. I'm thinking maybe 30lbs more of rock would do. right in the middle column.

DSC_0168-1.jpg

DSC_0166-1.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

About an extra 35lbs extra of rock. And some neat new coral. Don't think I'm going to go much higher as far as the columns go. I might add another 10-15lb large single rock to the middle just to raise that single column. I'm very happy with the other two though.:spin1:

Back