Double up build up

Cool, thanks.
Really happy with the way the tank is looking btw. Trying to add some color.
DSC_0001-24.jpg

DSC_0019-5.jpg

DSC_0017-8.jpg

Added a 3rd rbta
DSC_0010-16.jpg

1st two
DSC_0005-13.jpg

DSC_0011-14.jpg

DSC_0004-18.jpg

DSC_0012-15.jpg

DSC_0009-17.jpg

I added a fan on top of the tank and its working wonders for the MH temp spikes. Any ideas on how to catch a wrasse?? I'd like to get rid of mine. Its eating all my ornamental shrimp.

They sell a base rock I believe its called maze rock but its nice because its very easy to aquascape and holds without tumbling down and since its not seeded no hitchhikers or worrying about it drying out untill you have free time also its alot cheeper than live rock. But your tank looks very neat and clean I think. Mine is a jungle lol sometimes its nice to see a simple clean looking tank.

They sell a base rock I believe its called maze rock but its nice because its very easy to aquascape and holds without tumbling down and since its not seeded no hitchhikers or worrying about it drying out untill you have free time also its alot cheeper than live rock. But your tank looks very neat and clean I think. Mine is a jungle lol sometimes its nice to see a simple clean looking tank.

Thanks. I'd like to get the coraline algae from the back pane of glass but I'm recouping from back surgery so I'm pretty limited to what I can do. Its a tall tank as it is which makes it hard to get to the bottom not to mention that the cabinet is really tall so it makes it really difficult to get to the back pane w/ a scraper.

Well I got a few new additions to the tank. A cherub angel and very small banded jawfish. The lfs said it was a dusky but I'm pretty sure its a banded. I also added a kole tang. Its getting some aggression from the mimic tang. No contact but lots of chasing. The kole tang keeps testing its boundaries by swimming closer and closer to the mimic tang. The mimic has relaxed about 60% from the initial aggression level and every day it gets better and better. If it doesn't cool out to the point where the stress levels in the tank come down somebody is going bye-bye, probably the mimic being that its the acantharus and they are most aggressive.

Ok haven't updated for a while. I changed the rock work but it looks like a lot less rock than I have cause they are stacked more front to back than height wise. Also got rid of the outer orbit and went back to Ati. Just got a new 8x54 sunpower from reefgeek. Great service from those guys.
DSC_0023-7.jpg

DSC_0021-7.jpg

DSC_0022-6.jpg

4 rbtas now. My two split.
DSC_0017-9.jpg

DSC_0014-15.jpg

DSC_0018-6.jpg

I have been creeping around your thread for awhile, loved the progression from tank to tank, one question I have is what would you have done differently when you upgraded tanks? And what I mean is the transfer process, I am going to upgrading from a 55 to a 90 and would like some advice. Also have you started dosing anything or thought about a calcium reactor? Oh and I really liked the three islands, sad to see them go.

I kind of preplanned everything when I did my transfers. My upgrades were pretty straight fwd. if I could change anything would be to have a helper. I did both upgrades by myself. From a 75 to a 90 you shouldn't really have any problems. As far as dosing, I really don't, I just do regular weekly water changes to replenish essential elements. Well actually I do supplement with the new Red sea reef foundation line. As far as the three column, I really didn't like the new look so I went back to a two column. I'm pretty happy with it now. Its just hard to aquascape in such a tall tank.

Back