Dracula goby missing

remus

hi jus wanted to check whether have anyone enounter this. I have a piston shrimp with my dracula Hoby for est. 5 to 6 month all was well till 3 days ago suddenly my dracula was missing in his hole. The first thing I was looking was whether he on the floor. But do have net cover but there is a small hole at the corner wherereturn tube is. He was feeding well then suddenly missing. I try to see the hole he not inside but the piston shrilp is still inside. But I like to add I here alot of bristleworm and when I feed they will all come out some from the same hole. I try the method of reduce feeding which some claim it will work. I jus afraid if straving they might turn to hunter and hunt for live fish. And there are quite big like 4inch. And when I feed they all come out during the day. I try all kinds of traps as well but they are either too smart or they recognised the trap. They stop going in at all. But when feeding they will all come out. Initially I still able to catch one or two but now they totally dun even come out at night. I found out that what I read online about bristleworm are all not applicable to me. They only come out at night nope. Mine day time . Night they become train to slp. Are there anyone with similar problem like me. They will starve to death if u feed less. Nope they become more i suppose they eat their own parent after they died.

The worms do not bother anything that isn't decaying. ANd they come out anytime there's food. They have no jaws, so all they can eat is decayed stuff. They're an asset to the tank. Your fish is probably doing what gobies do and hiding in a new burrow. Note of caution on the pistol shrimp...sometimes they attack their goby or other fish, but usually after they've grown to max size.

Then I suppose it died then haven seen my goby for 4 days now.
I thought they were fine together in the same hole with the bristleworm. I still see the piston shrimp but no sight of gobt I suppose the piston shrimp decided to have a free meal without the need to find food. And my piston is abit different I think it yellow piston shrimp. And it grew about the same size as the goby. It pretty exp meal for him as dracula goby is hard to come by in my country.

Back