Dreaminmel's 120g Build

Aaaaaand now for the ugly. Used a turkey baster to suction this little MOFO off some zoas. Never would've spotted the bastage if I wasn't staring at the QT tank all the dang time. The nudi's top tendrils were the same neon orange color as the zoo skirts he was hiding under. Time to grab some tongs so I can safely use the Bayer Insecticide dip process. :p

Cooties... doom on them. I ve ment to pick up bayer myself. Them frags don't look local. off this weekend. might cruse the east side shops. Lmk Mel. I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket.

See pic on 1st page Steve Weast I believe
Oregon Reefs guy
His worm was bigger than mine :sad1:
I couldn't find any info on the Reef tank either

Cully has it, Gary. Steve Weast tank. :)

Cooties... doom on them. I ve ment to pick up bayer myself. Them frags don't look local. off this weekend. might cruse the east side shops. Lmk Mel. I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Someone was telling me the Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer was being pulled from shelves because they found it was bad for bees. I'm going to check Lowe's to see if they still have some as that's where I grabbed it a couple months ago.

The last 3 coral I'm actually picking up from Coral Dudes this morning. Phil's not there but Anthony is. Some of the others I got from Shane Cook (Coral Savers) facebook sale. There's some East side shops I haven't checked out yet (ABC's new location and a shop in Penfield I believe?) Other than that I thinks it's Caribbean Forest and Reef Shoppe. I know the newer ones have limited hours because they don't do as much business in store.

Steve Weast had a nice reef aquarium for sure....but the one I know he had wasn't running for very long.
I thought he then when coldwater...?
Dunno. Sorry for the sidetrack.

Wouldn't a nice Wrasse take care of those nudis?

Mel I have a friend that works at Home Depot and they are not restocking it once gone. I was able to score a few more bottles. Hopefully you can find some. Good stuff.

Cully has it, Gary. Steve Weast tank. :)

Someone was telling me the Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer was being pulled from shelves because they found it was bad for bees. I'm going to check Lowe's to see if they still have some as that's where I grabbed it a couple months ago.

The last 3 coral I'm actually picking up from Coral Dudes this morning. Phil's not there but Anthony is. Some of the others I got from Shane Cook (Coral Savers) facebook sale. There's some East side shops I haven't checked out yet (ABC's new location and a shop in Penfield I believe?) Other than that I thinks it's Caribbean Forest and Reef Shoppe. I know the newer ones have limited hours because they don't do as much business in store.
I've been hearing stories about pulling Bayer off the shelves for over a year now. Every thread has people rushing out to buy bottles and then nothing happens. Perhaps it'll actually happen... Who knows? When regulations mandate a product gets pulled, it seems like that happens instantly. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't sweat it just yet. Even then, I'm sure there will be another product with the same active ingredient.

Steve Weast had a nice reef aquarium for sure....but the one I know he had wasn't running for very long.
I thought he then when coldwater...?
Dunno. Sorry for the sidetrack.

Wouldn't a nice Wrasse take care of those nudis?

Could be, I only came across his tank in my Google bunny trails. If you do a Google search using his picture it's amazing to see how many websites are using it.
Wrasse is in the future but while all is in quarantine I thankfully can attack with dips.

Mel I have a friend that works at Home Depot and they are not restocking it once gone. I was able to score a few more bottles. Hopefully you can find some. Good stuff.

I've been hearing stories about pulling Bayer off the shelves for over a year now. Every thread has people rushing out to buy bottles and then nothing happens. Perhaps it'll actually happen... Who knows? When regulations mandate a product gets pulled, it seems like that happens instantly. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't sweat it just yet. Even then, I'm sure there will be another product with the same active ingredient.

Interesting info on this, I'll try to grab more just in case. Luckily the size of the bottle should be sufficient for a while without worrying. :)

Quick question regarding your lighting. How high are the boxes above the water? Also, at what "percentage" do you have the whites/blues set on?

I recently got one of those fixtures and have it set at 50% for both whites and the blues... had to dial down the blues because I had a spike in algae growth, even tho I try to keep my parameters consistent.

Good luck with setting up the sps's! they look perrrrrty

Will answer while having a certain song stuck in my head now... lol. Thanks, Cully :D

Quarantine:
Single unit about 16" above water line
Blue 50%
Whites 1/3rd (dialed down after ruining some Ricordia)

Display:
Two units about 12" above water line
Blues just shy of Max
Whites at 1/3rd

I may end up dialing down the blue on the display but while cycling I'm actually encouraging algae blooms in an effort to "use up" any residual funk in the rock & sand before doing final water changes.

Taaadaaaa! Only took about a month... :dance:
Now I'm going to practice more patience and wait for the cloudy water to clear and algae to settle down.

Amm = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 3
PO4 = .26
Alk = 9.9 dKH
Ca = 520
Mg = 1410

Might as well add an update. The two live seed rocks grew some hair as long as Dave Mustaine and misc diatoms had joined the party. As of yesterday PO4 dropped from .26 to .16 and Nitrate dropped from 3 to 0. Did a 15% water change today and removed the hair. Once the water runs clear for a couple days (vs cloudy daily bacteria blooms) she'll be good to go. :)

Meanwhile in quarantine... lol
p.s. - Bayer dip has already removed aefw, nudis, bugs, etc. I love this stuff! Two more dip cycles taking place today and next weekend and then hopefully the display is ready.

Back