DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

I luv this pix :D Hopefully you will let him come up for air :lol:
Beautiful setup. I would luv to see this in person.

Chi

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15681638#post15681638 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
IMG_2270.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15698547#post15698547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
IMG_0066.jpg

Chingchai, excellent and amazing build. A setup like this is truly a dream come true. I especially love the rockwork and can't wait until we can see schools of fish swimming through those massive pillars.

I had a question about the overall rock design: are you going to leave a large open space in the front? It seems like you would have to in case you (or one of the excellent members of the SRC Mafia) ever had to crawl into the tank to get or fix something.

P- Chingchai

When I first saw your old tank as a TOTM, I thought it was one of the most beautiful corals tank I have ever seen. And now, I don't even have words in Thai or English to express it.

I have also been following your built thread since the beginning and can't wait to see it all come together.

Question: During the process of rock works, was there any scratch on the tank; if so, are you going to have your tank refinish for the final touch?

Also, once your system up and fully running, I think it will cause a power outage in Thailand :)

I truly enjoy your built

Ethan M

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15699099#post15699099 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Taqpol
Chingchai, excellent and amazing build. A setup like this is truly a dream come true. I especially love the rockwork and can't wait until we can see schools of fish swimming through those massive pillars.

+1!

That rockwork is just begging for a bunch of anthias! Woo hoo!

Chingchai, this is no doubt a dream come true! I would just pull up a small rug and sleep beside that tank...even without the livestock. Congratulations on the dreamy rockwork! Well worth the wait! Nice way to end some great work with the Penfolds, too!

Sunny

Great Work Ching.

It really makes my new build look like i have no idea what im doing!

Also, As i am working on my tank now as well and working on my fish list, I am curious to know what you are thinking in terms of fish???

Are you going w/ a bunch of little fish? Or a few anthias, a few wrasses, and some tangs and angels???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15699474#post15699474 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dancewithethan
P- Chingchai

Question: During the process of rock works, was there any scratch on the tank; if so, are you going to have your tank refinish for the final touch?

Ethan M

I too am curious about the acrylic scratching. I myself have a large acrylic tank and can say that I will never own one again. It scratches at the drop of a hat, and I have a very hard time cleaning corraline from the acrylic compared to glass.

I love all the high tech gear. Why did you use powerheads instead of a closed loop system w/ eductors and a large industrial motor?

Hey Ching,

Are you going to be adding most of the corals all at once and then here and there add new ones? I can only imagine how hard it may be when adding new frags to that tank when it is fills out.

Anyways I saw a ton of the apogons ( red spot ) a few months back and I picked up 10. I only a have a few let, try Quality Marine and see if they can find some for you.

Here's a small school in my TINY 35g. :D

IMG_1172-vi.jpg

IMG_1175-vi.jpg

IMG_1179-vi.jpg

IMG_1194-vi.jpg

-Dave

hi ching..
follow this tread has been awesome and i think all of readers are very lucky because you are really patienece with this proyect and thats the only way to do that. It's really good to see pictures abaut your aquascape but i think most of as will love to see some pictures os your skimmer and fish room working alredy since you have some rocks in your mini ocean.

Back