DUES are due

EvilMel

is a serious goby fanatic
Hey guys,

It's about that time to pay dues. I've been working on getting a bank account specifically for the club but due to some new regulations it's been much more difficult than I thought.

Regardless, annual dues are due so you can pay me via check (made out to Melanie Eldridge) or you can paypal me at MelanieLEldridge@gmail.com. If you paypal the dues are $25. If you pay by check it's $24. Checks can be dropped off to Jake at Aquatic Marine or you can mail them to me. Just PM me for the snail mail address and I'll give it to you.

Oh and if you're new and want to join, now's a good time!!

For Rob, it's lavish. He can do a lot with a little.

Dues get you at least two things:
in on group buys (club pays shipping whenever we order something together)
gets you 10% off at Aquatic Marine

I'm sure I can think of other things.

The coral library is started now and it's a pretty sweet deal so that's a big bonus for joining the club.

The coral library is started now and it's a pretty sweet deal so that's a big bonus for joining the club.

Do you read any reefing texts or just look at the pics? Most of the texts I've read are out dated, highly opinionated, or boring as hell.

I did like the one Matt had showing various successful setups and their specs.

Oh! No. It's a coral library not a book library. They bought corals and are allowing people to check them out like they would a book. Then you have to return the same number of polyps/eyes as you were loaned and you get to keep the rest. Rob can explain it better.

Oh! No. It's a coral library not a book library. They bought corals and are allowing people to check them out like they would a book. Then you have to return the same number of polyps/eyes as you were loaned and you get to keep the rest. Rob can explain it better.

I believe senor CT Vol is being facetious.

I actually wasn't, at least this time. ;) But Melly explained the new library better. It's almost like a PIF system. At one time we tried to start up an actual Reefing Book Library.

I actually wasn't, at least this time. ;) But Melly explained the new library better. It's almost like a PIF system. At one time we tried to start up an actual Reefing Book Library.

Sorry, I made an assumption. The coral library works like this:
The club has purchased a frag pack of zoas, each different zoa has been fraged to one polyp and set on it's own frag plug.

Any paid member can request a certain zoa and pay a check out fee (1/3 of retail value or less).

The club member will be given 90 days to hold onto the zoa and return a single polyp to the club tank after the 90 days, the growth from that time period is theirs to keep.

The club tank will maintain at least one polyp of each different variety at all times.

If the zoa's that the club owns works out well we will expand to chalices.

This is the list of Zoa/play's the club owns
1 SC Utter Chaos
1 Jason Fox God of War
2 Red Hornets
2 Blue Hornets
2 Sunny Delights
2 SC Twilight V2's
2 Candy Apple Red's
4 Captain America's
5 Yoda's
4 Strawberry Wines

The purpose of this is to help out members like myself who normally could never afford the full retail of "high end" zoa's like Utter Chaos or Red Hornets.

Back