Pair of saddleback clowns
Dwarf yellow angel
six line wrasse
lawnmower blenny
skunk cleaner
6 hermits
6 snails (variety)
one mithrax crab

My clowns are getting over ICH and one has a cloudy eye that I am still diagnosing.
The Dwarf angel had ICH the day after the clowns got it and I added a cleaner shrimp who took are of the angel overnight.

This all happened about a week ago...

Here's the last 24 hours -

Yesterday evening I added eight new frags to the tank, moved some rock around, and did a 4 gallon water change (29g tank) with gravel vac

They get fed garlic soaked pellets every morning.
They get fed garlic soaked frozen brine (Hakari) every night.
All fish were eating and behaving normally last night.

I woke up this morning to a dead yellow dwarf angel, and a dead lawnmower blenny.

The blenny had NO signs of any problems and was behaving normally yesterday.

My clowns are still acting very erratic and the female, with the bad eye, has gone into hiding and isnt eating. The male is a little pig as always.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

six line wrasse is acting fine. Skunk Cleaner shrimp is acting fine along with half dozen hermit crabs, half dozen snails and the mithrax crab.

Stats as of this morning -

TEMP 78
PH 7.8 (keep in mind the tank lights had only been on a few minutes)
AMMONIA 0
NITRITE 0
NITRATE >5

Hi,

first to rule out your angel more then likly still had ich. Ich will not be gone and treated in one day. The cleaner might have helped to rid some of the parasites that the fish had but ich also has a life cycle, the larger cysts fall off to breed in the tank esc..

the clown probably has a secondary infection to the ich; her eye.
removal and QT to treat the clowns is probably your best best. Since she is hiding and not eating, she is probably sicker then you think.
She needs to eat (of course, you know that :)) but treating the main infection of ich will have to occur. Once secondary infections start it can be a downward slope.

she might be a little stressed not only from being ill but also from the mini-rearringing of the tank.

Is anything else harrassing her? six lines can be little brats, i know I had one.

I also love nano-tanks and have quite a few, one being a 29g I have 3 clowns in it; pink skunk and 2 percs. Are the saddlebacks OK with her?

Inverts should have no problems they are generally really hardy. shrimps usually are more sensitive to water quality issues.

The blenny? I don't know, unless he also had an infection along with ich.

all fish could potentially be harboring the ich parasite; some are hardier then others when it appears.

Back