Echoreef 250 Entry Way

Looking great! :thumbsup:

Just keep an eye on the burnt tips...you've got some nice large colonies...dont want you to lose anything. :)

Thanks. I am getting my magnesium up and trying to lower phosphate to stabilize the water chemistry. My tank is predominantly filled with small SPS frags. Lots of waiting but I can't wait for them to grow out into larger colonies. Your tank looks awesome btw with the ATI Hybrid. Those corals are so nice.

your tanks beautiful! i love the open scape and especially the black tang he is my favorite and you don't have any problems with the angel eating corals?

your tanks beautiful! i love the open scape and especially the black tang he is my favorite and you don't have any problems with the angel eating corals?

I have been pretty lucky. I have had these angels in my tank without any of them bothering the SPS corals: goldflake, regal, emperor, coral beauty, flame, bandit. Currently only the regal, coral beauty, and bandit angels are in the tank. Too soon to say on the bandit but keeping my fingers crossed. The emperor I sold off did mess with one of my soft coral, the giant palm tree coral. I don't know what I would do if one of my angel starts to nipple on the SPS. It would be a very tough decision.

Good morning!
Yesterday I saw the video on my count of YouTube since I am subscribed to your station and being honest thought like you, considering I have not seen him alive and I just see it through the computer or the phone, personally, I like the one actinic everything more Looked great.
Greetings from Spain!
forgive my English since I write with an English translator.

Thanks for the compliment. I am switching out the ATI Coral Plus T5 bulb for the ATI True Actinic bulb tomorrow. The tank does looks cooler with the actinic versus the coral plus.

Thanks. I am getting my magnesium up and trying to lower phosphate to stabilize the water chemistry. My tank is predominantly filled with small SPS frags. Lots of waiting but I can't wait for them to grow out into larger colonies. Your tank looks awesome btw with the ATI Hybrid. Those corals are so nice.
Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks for the compliment. I am switching out the ATI Coral Plus T5 bulb for the ATI True Actinic bulb tomorrow. The tank does looks cooler with the actinic versus the coral plus.

I dont know if your PACSUN unit has LED's in the Actinic (400-420nm range), if it has, I would be tempted to use those and stick with using 2xBlue+ and 2xPurple+ on the T5's. My LFS has the most amazing display with 4 AI Sol Blues, flanked by the T5 combo I gave.

congratulations, really enjoyed your thread, love the lights, and love your desire to share your ups and downs. (mostly ups) . My wife , my 3 year old son, and myself really enjoyed your videos.

congratulations, really enjoyed your thread, love the lights, and love your desire to share your ups and downs. (mostly ups) . My wife , my 3 year old son, and myself really enjoyed your videos.

Thank you. I am glad your family enjoyed the videos.

How are the sea horses doing in the refugium? I am getting my sump from advance acrylic. They are very helpful.

The sump is awesome. It's a work of art. As for the sea horses, that was a bad idea to stick them in the sump. They both got sucked into the return section output grate. Even in there they can get pulled into the other sections of the sump. They lasted only about 1 month. For sea horses, it is definitely recommended to have a specie only tank.

Things fell apart the past 6 months for this tank. I had a family member with terminal illness that was out of town. So between work and traveling I never had time. I have totally neglected it and lost pretty much all of my SPS corals. My calcium reactor stopped working since about June. I never bothered to fix it. I stopped testing the water or doing any sort of maintenance all together. I used to vacuum the sand bed once a month but stopped that as well. Only time I ever changed the filtered socks was when it was over flowing. Needless to say, SPS corals don't do well when the water is not optimal. All my fishes have survived but the tank looks like a barren landscape.

I am just beginning to clean up my aquarium and pretty much start over with the corals. Due to my lack of time, I am thinking of going to LPS and soft corals due to the lower maintenance.

Back