Echoreef 250 Entry Way

Things fell apart the past 6 months for this tank. I had a family member with terminal illness that was out of town. So between work and traveling I never had time. I have totally neglected it and lost pretty much all of my SPS corals. My calcium reactor stopped working since about June. I never bothered to fix it. I stopped testing the water or doing any sort of maintenance all together. I used to vacuum the sand bed once a month but stopped that as well. Only time I ever changed the filtered socks was when it was over flowing. Needless to say, SPS corals don't do well when the water is not optimal. All my fishes have survived but the tank looks like a barren landscape.

I am just beginning to clean up my aquarium and pretty much start over with the corals. Due to my lack of time, I am thinking of going to LPS and soft corals due to the lower maintenance.

So sorry about your situation...and it sucks losing all those SPS...ahhh man...you had some nice colonies too! :sad2:

Go with what works for you...no point in trying SPS if the time and effort needed to maintain an SPS tank is required elsewhere.

Well, best wishes and hope it all gets better.

So sorry about your situation...and it sucks losing all those SPS...ahhh man...you had some nice colonies too! :sad2:

Go with what works for you...no point in trying SPS if the time and effort needed to maintain an SPS tank is required elsewhere.

Well, best wishes and hope it all gets better.

any bounce back??

Back