effective hang on skimmer?

AquaC makes a decent HOB skimmer.
I use a Coralife Super Skimmer 65 on my nano. For your 125 I'd use their CSS 220.

HOB skimmers will be much harder to tune in efficiently on a large tank. If at all possible you should see if you can get a sump running and get an in sump model.

Good luck.
Russ

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6489276#post6489276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gwoardnog
Deltec MCE600.

I agree
Here is mine
104218mini-104-0457_IMG.JPG

5-7 days of skimate
104218mini-104-0451_IMG.JPG

Third the Deltec. Tinkered with many HOB skimmers and had the pleasure of tinkering with a Deltec MCE600 the other week.

IT IS is by far the easiest to install, service and has the least visual impact of all HOB skimmers as there are no pumps/boxes hanging in the aquarium. As for performance, it's the best HOB skimmer out there.

I've seen the CSS 220 range $169-220UDS and the Deltec MCE600 is $446USD from DeltecUSA...is it worth double the cost? To me definitely considering time in installation, visual impact and skimming performace.

JM2C

Thanks for the input. I do have a sump but I didn't leave a real big space for a skimmer because I was planning to have a stand outside. Now I realize that I made the sump so big that with all the other stuff I wouldn't have room to put the chiller inside the cabinet. That's why I was looking at hang ons.

Back