Emery's 120 gal build

emessier

Well I am already upgrading my 75 gal mixed reef to a 120 gal mostly sps tank. The tank is standing up in the living room along side of the DT. and the stand and hood are in my wifes exercise room. Hopefully after the FFM I will be doing the change. Pics to come.

IMG_20130303_161146_zpsb4dc784e.jpg

The hood is 14" tall so that I can have access to working inside the tank and the lights will be enclosed above the hood, approx 7 inches that will be operated on both sides with pistons to allow access for working on the lights. There will be 2 400 watt metal halides and either 6 or 8 T5's. Not quite sure yet. There will also be several moon lights. The ends of the hood will have temp controlled cooling fans. Total height of the tank with hood will be approx. 74" tall.

The base cabinet will have drawers. The top ones will have to be about 18' deep to allow for the plumbing.

Looking great, I like the hood I need to reconstruct mine so I can do the same. Following along!

I went to PC last night and picked up the second of my overflow kits. This weekend will be dedicated to working on my light canopy. Next is to purchase some rock for my scaping.

I used to have that exact same stand and tank on the right. Wish I kept it. I was not doing salt back then and it was a fresh tank.

Where do you live too. i will be starting a tank soon and want some new life rock if your selling.

Back