Equipment shelf ideas

Linkblaze

Hi all. I'm wondering if anybody has any brilliant ideas for an equipment shelf.

Basically, what I'd like to do is mount all of my electrical to a plywood shelf and then float/mount it somewhere over my sump. Doesn't need to be pretty. I figure I can just pick up some shelving brackets and mount it that way, but wondered if there were any slick ideas here. Something that could be easily removed or slid out.

Do it in stainless or plastic or it will rust. You could use some drawer slides but I am not sure they are stainless.

This is how I did mine, granted my tank is in wall and behind it is my fish room.

PeDACAa.jpg

1901374_10153909464805595_1284857719_n.jpg

I built a cabinet and housed all of my electronics away from the water, between the display tank and the sump area.

Yeah, these are all good idea but I don't have this kind of room. Looking for just a shelf inside the stand, not a full on bookcase.

Nice and simple- it's not fancy but it's functional. I used L-brackets to attach the shelf. The front piece that the DJ strip is housed in is attached with friction catches. I can feed all my wires into the box from the back and then pull out the DJ strip to plug/unplug something.

I keep my top off water container in the space I left on the stand floor.

Back