Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between here and JARC, I've probably met about 50 or more people from the forum. I can honestly say that everyone has been outstanding.

Maybe I'm gullible, but I believe that about 90% of the population can be trusted. It's that 10% or so that makes people afraid - they are repeat offenders with multiple victims, but who I believe most of us are not likely to come in contact with. But, even though they are the minority, they leave the rest of us living in fear.

Another thing that really ****es me off is when you buy something used and you get it and it takes hours to clean and scrub it up. If onlythe people would rinse and scrub their items the caked on stuff would not harden in the box when it is shipped.

Seriously???

You are buying something, most likely for a fraction of the cost of a new item, and your going to complain about cleaning it? :rolleyes:

I hate with a PASSION sellers that are your best friend when you buy alot from them BUT if your buying a little or Not buying from them at all, they wouldn't even give you the time of day. Treat me the same but you only show how fake & shady of a human being you are when you do that!

I hate with a PASSION sellers that are your best friend when you buy alot from them BUT if your buying a little or Not buying from them at all, they wouldn't even give you the time of day. Treat me the same but you only show how fake & shady of a human being you are when you do that!

You shouldn't be so grumpy when you can only window shop - you can't take it out on the sales person that you don't have enough money that day :lmao:

Another turn off is when someone sells part of their livestock for full asking price (say 4 out of 7 frags) and then drop it to 10-20% of asking price the next day to 'get rid of them'.

Of course, everyone is entitled to buy or sell at whatever price they feel is fair, and sometimes things change and you have to unload a bunch of stuff. My feeling is that out of 'proper etiquette' to not to do such a drastic change so quickly.

It's interesting to read other people's view on meeting vs. going to the house. It's whatever the two conducting the transaction is comfortable with and I can respect either way of doing it. I am more likely a little more private than most on the forum, and have met a lot of nice people. I have met others that I'm glad I did not invite into the house.

Last edited:
I bought a Tyree toadstool form Jeff.

$50 a frag was the going rate back then. A couple of days later someone puts one up for $30.

Jeff gives me a call and offers to refund the $20 as thats the new CMAS price. As a buyer I was good with the $50 as that was the best price at the time.

For those of us with extra cool stuff I dont like that the prices in this economy is dropping quicker than Al Gores pants duringa massage:eek:

But the market is the market and I plan on following Jeffs lead on what to ask.

Bill

I bought a Tyree toadstool form Jeff.

$50 a frag was the going rate back then. A couple of days later someone puts one up for $30.

Jeff gives me a call and offers to refund the $20 as thats the new CMAS price. As a buyer I was good with the $50 as that was the best price at the time.

For those of us with extra cool stuff I dont like that the prices in this economy is dropping quicker than Al Gores pants duringa massage:eek:

But the market is the market and I plan on following Jeffs lead on what to ask.

Bill

Something like that would definitely be a reason why I would deal with a seller like Jeff in the future. Not only because he offered the refund, but just because of the follow up alone.

The situation that I don't feel is proper is when you see frags for $50 and there are 7 frags of same coral, seller sells 4 of them at $50 and then offers the rest for $10 each to quickly unload them. I'm talking in general, not specific to this particular forum.

Im an 18 year old highschooler who just graduated and whenever I get rid off stuff I'd love to have people in because I don't have any friends in the hobby to talk fish stuff with, but my mom is very paranoid about letting people in the house. All sales and trades I've made have been made on the porch or driveway and it always makes me feel soo rude. But hey moms the boss!

Perhaps another reason I tend to look at people in a positive way is my middle child (oldest son).

You know how some children bring home every "stray" animal they find. My son would bring home "stray" and troubled teens - kids who not part of his group of friends. We had several of them stay a day or two (yes, we always contacted the parents), others several months, a couple for over a year. One dropped out of school, we took him in, got him back back to school only to have him go back home severa months later and drop out gain - we took him back in and got him through graduation and he's now taking college classes. Only one of these kids ended up being an after graduation friend. His other friends were easy going about this and he didn't lose any of his long time friends because of it.

Even though these were troubled kids, deep inside they were good kids who just needed some extra guidance, support, or friendship. So, I guess I have a tendency to see the good in people.

That Thread Is Enough To Not Even Go 2The Frag Swaps! Let Alone Let U Freaks In My Place Of Zen! Jajaja :lol2: :lol: U Guys R Awesome & SomeThing Else jajaja

MayBe We Can Add To The List Not Bringing Pets That Aren't Potty Trained Into Pet Stores Or Into BedRooms That Aren't Urs

Im an 18 year old highschooler who just graduated and whenever I get rid off stuff I'd love to have people in because I don't have any friends in the hobby to talk fish stuff with, but my mom is very paranoid about letting people in the house. All sales and trades I've made have been made on the porch or driveway and it always makes me feel soo rude. But hey moms the boss!

Thats because it's dangerous in the O town :lolspin:. If you ever want some red mushrooms,gsp, or pulsing xenia I've some for you for free. Oh and I have a green toadstool frag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back