ETSS Skimmer Club!

My SB40 is for sale if anyone is interested.

picture.php

Last edited:

And here's the guide for the Reef Devil:

http://www.superskimmer.com/Manuals_Cat/RD_D%20InstrQstart.pdf

*Insert injector into top of downdraft tower, to which you have placed 8 mini bio-balls for the Reef Devil and
12 mini bio-balls for the taller Deluxe Reef Devil model, then place skimmer and pump into sump. The
skimmer can be run submerged in up to 7 inches of water. If your sumps water level is higher than this it
may be necessary to raise the skimmer slightly by placing it on a platform to a height where the gate valve
discharge is at or above the sump waters surface.

-Eric

The guys who have these skimmers are very loyal and love them. They can be a bit finicky but once you get them dialed in they are quite effective. The main reason I went to a different skimmer is because I was building an ultra quiet tank for my living room.

I just tried to email them and the email kicked back and said the email doesn't exists. Also tried calling and faxing them and it just kept ringing no one picked up. If you look around on the internet everyone who is selling these skimmers have them marked as discontinued. What sucks is I knocked my 800xr off its stand and broke it. I was emailing them to see if I could repair it as I would repair an acrylic sump. Typical my luck!!

That sucks, I've got and sump with skimmer built in. I plan to use it, work so well. Hate to hear they are not in business anymore though. I ordered my system and was nothing but good, packaging, instructions, and finishing all great. Great products are far as I know.

hi I just bought this skimmer from a guy can anyone tell me what the min and max water level should be set at I believe its a etss quad 1800 xr

00H0H_i9X0rjfyMEK_600x450_zpsd0378ee3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
00e0e_lPjRdEKI3Sc_600x450_zpsc0e881a2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would direct you to the ETSS website but it seems the AE Tech website is gone. I know that with my ETSS 600 The water level was set on the sump at the height of the black box. I would say that the water level should be the same on your 1800. With a skimmer that big most have it outside the sump and have seen some that are elevated above the sump. Again, if you are gonna put it in a sump would try and keep it with the water no higher than the top of the box. So if your box is 9" tall wouldnt have it in water above that...Hope that helps. Just a side note you probably need some New Bio Balls and Bulk Reef supply has the Correct style balls. The balls wear out in a year or so and need replaced. With that size skimmer you will also need a large HP pump I would guess a 100 Iwaki or so......

Set the top of the black box to the height of your sump level.

When the pump is on set it to have the water level 1" up from the base into the cylinder.

Once it is broken in make very slight 1/8th turns then monitor.

Check daily for skimmate production.

Don't go too fast or you will cause a flood. Once set it never needs adjusting.

Should be run out of the sump. Turn the pump on and set the water level 1/2 - 1" above the top of the black box. Let run for at least 24hrs before making any adjustments.

Can not make anything out from the pictures, some are blank. Give it a few days to start foaming, and make small adjustments. If you go to far could flood.

srry dont know why they loaded so big did you watch the video? i didnt think it was enough so i put a t on my hammerhead pump with the big wheel it does 5800gph i have valve to return and to skimmer skimmer is all the way open and my return is about half maybe less then that its better but not what i see in some poepls videos maybe it needs to break in i'll put a video of the bigger pump

you need a pressure rated pump.

I run my etss on a pan world 100px external pump.

They have high head pressure but low flow.

the mag drive pumps and the hammerhead are flow pumps so they will not work correctly.

you need a pressure rated pump.

I run my etss on a pan world 100px external pump.

They have high head pressure but low flow.

the mag drive pumps and the hammerhead are flow pumps so they will not work correctly.

wow i thought the hammerhead would be enough what pumps can i use without breaking my bank

Back