ETSS Skimmer Club!

yea, the problem is the bubbles are going back up the downdraft, not down and then up the colum. get another pump as recommened.

what about the bio balls how many are you supose to have is the more better or the less im trying to find where i read that answer at

ok i setup the skimmer and im using a mag 2400 is this pump strong enough? i get bubbles on the chambers but very little in the center i notice about a half hour of runner i began to see more bubbles enter the center but nothing like the sides

get-attachment.aspx

get-attachment.aspx

[URL=http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s327/yudruln8/Video_zpsdcdaf568.mp4][/URL]
I think you need a pretty large dedicated, pressure rated pump for that. I have an 800xr and run an Iwaki MD-RLT100 with it. That's a bit oversized as they call for a 70, but having good results with the Iwaki.

i have a pool pump its a 1hp i think it would be perfect but the problem is its gets hot and rises my tank about 4 degress thats no good i dont have a chiller my tanks stay around 80-81 but that pump mad it do to 84ish area no good

My Reef Devil with 12 bio balls creates the equivalent of 14 to 16 feet of head according to ETSS hence the need for a pressure rated pump. Look at the output at 16 feet to see what you're actually providing

I think that should do it. once that thing is hooked up and its broken in a day or two you will see why they are called super skimmers

lol i will post an update btw just yesterday it started making foam about half way up with the reeflo pump like u said lets see it with the iwaki

My Reef Devil with 12 bio balls creates the equivalent of 14 to 16 feet of head according to ETSS hence the need for a pressure rated pump. Look at the output at 16 feet to see what you're actually providing

did you meen on my current pump or the iwaki i bought?

Here's my skimmer with 1inch hose I had it running on 3/4 and notice it still not runn like it should. Here's about 5 mins of running it stop producing foam do to me adding a homemade coral food I will post another video once I see it start producing foam agian

http://youtu.be/OvMHrQ5AX6w

Very nice mine was skimming like that

Glad to hear that. I'm sure your were getting frustrated as they are not straight forward. That thing is a beast and with that pump it's safe to say your skimming problems are over. After you get to know the skimmer and make your final adjustments.

So my ETSS is still doing great! I have never had another skimmer but I can't see what benefit I could gain from changing. I had considered but another but I don't think it could get better than this. Just one small fish a a coral frag.

Three days worth.

ezuqypet.jpg

Back