Experiences with dosers and LF doser

Specfishin

So I picked up a jebao dp4. No need to say anything. It's a pos. 1 out of heads works and I need it for alk dosing primarily. What do you fellow reefers use? I have a reefkeeper and I want automation. I've been looking at the GHL brand and see issues with the 2.1 doser being noisy. The 2.1 has the same roller setup as the jebao garbage. Not paying 6x the amount for the same noisy headache.The 2.0 ghl doser has many praises and uses a different design on doser heads. Any experiences or input is gladly accepted in my quest for at least 3-4 doser heads. I'm also upgrading controllers at some point after the Holidays. Most likely ghl or archon system. The reefkeeper has done well but i'm growing and want 100% automation between 4 systems 3 current and 1 future expansion on larger scale. But yeah right now I need the doser going on a single system for time being.

Last edited:
Get BRS dosers and us the timers on your reefkeeper...

Yes great way to go and easy to program into the controller.

I have personally been using the litter meter 3 by Spectrapure now for a few years. It's great set your total volume to dose per day and it auto divides it into 150doses per day so no shock to your system. The brs route will be a lot cheaper. But there are some great deals for a used one if u are luck enough to find one. I almost bought an extra one used last week but someone bought it before I could .

I've used Eshopps for almost 2 yrs now. A little pricey at first, but easy to set program, lots of options. Has been perfect. I never worry about it not working. I don't use a controller though, so not sure about controller compatibility.

I like the idea of using brs dosers but now i'd have to buy anothe pb4 power strip and its based on timing. The liter meter looks cool but for 2 pumps it will be close to 400$ new. I will have to weigh some options out.

Thanks Mjntwise. I had one lined up on a different site but paypal issues with my addresses kept me from it.

Not the answer you want to hear, but I have two of the jebao units and think they are great. Are there better or more feature rich units out there? Yes, but for the money I can replace these 4 times if they fail. I have a few years on my older unit and they have proven to be reliable and accurate. I do not have a controller, so integration is not of value to me.

Thank you Safir. I have seen plenty of "it works great and did for years" comments in reviews. Hence why I bought it, but it has failed me already day one and a week later tried some "fixes" to only get nowhere. I may have gotten a bad one out of a batch, but I will be walking away from this one. Not worth the chance for my situation or tank. Everyone has a risk tolerance of some form. Had it worked successfully as your units have I may feel differently. Unfortunately it's going back to amazon. I'm gonna do the brs dosers to start. At least 2 of them.

I am using the BRS dosers on timers and they work perfectly. I have apex but haven't moved the dosers over because it is working so well and I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. I would recommend them for sure.

I use the brs dosers on apex as well, no issues so far. If you hunt you can find great deals on them too. I also used an eshopps dosers for awhile with no issues.
14d8192aea125f7211c77c23d8b074c5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm going with 2 brs dosers and a few more later if they're simple enough. Has anyone used the 50ml brs doser for ato use? That's what I'm leaning to for ato. Thanks for the input everybody.

I think Roger uses a 50ml doser for top off. It will be slow for sure and the tubing would probably need replacing more often.

Looks like I'm going with 2 brs dosers and a few more later if they're simple enough. Has anyone used the 50ml brs doser for ato use? That's what I'm leaning to for ato. Thanks for the input everybody.
Yes I use one for ato and one for dosing carbon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think Roger uses a 50ml doser for top off. It will be slow for sure and the tubing would probably need replacing more often.

Yes I do. And I've never had to change the tubing in them for auto top off. I'm not too worried about Percision because the float switches controlling that and it always move the water even without replacing the tube for me anyway

I use brs dosers and have the 50ml for ato. Since black Friday is so close I would just wait brs always has great deals on dosers around that time.

Back