fastest growing sps

brandon0350

ive had my 40 br cycling with rock in it for about 5 months. i now have a calcium reactor setup and dialed in and i also have a 36" 8 bulb tek fixture over it. flow is with the return pump and a vortech.

now id like to add some sps and id like your opinion on the fastest growing ones with nice color. (im sick of a tank full of rocks lol)

My digies grow so fast that they are almost a nucense coral. They constantly need to be trimmed to keep them away from the glass and other corals. I think they cover more ground than even the fast growing monti caps..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10410625#post10410625 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hobogato
monti caps and digitata, slimers, and milles

Fastest growers in my tank also.

Milli's grow at a pretty good rate as well. Not quite as fast, but still a good addition.

How are you getting digis/other SPS to grow so fast? Do they need to be in the tank a while to get acclimated to the water before they take off in growth, such as 3 months isn't enough time?

its not a matter of time always as much as it is right conditions. Mine didnt do a heck of a lot until I changed lighting then all the sudden they went from brown to colorful and growing fast as hell....

That being said, some corals just take a while to take off. Dont ask me why.

I can honestly say that my birdsnest is the fastest growing sps I have ever seen and people who have come to my house and seen it over a few weeks time will agree.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10412992#post10412992 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DaddyJax
I can honestly say that my birdsnest is the fastest growing sps I have ever seen and people who have come to my house and seen it over a few weeks time will agree.

I agree with Daddyjax I have a Tubs birdsnest started as a single stick and it grows out of control

Personally for me my slimer and birdsnest grow the fastest, but in different ways. The birdsnest is harder to see because it grows so many branches at once that none of them seem to get very large.

Back