Fat head dendro

miserkris

Hi
I had a 3 headed dendro. I cut off one and stuck it in a plug.
It's been two months, polyps are orange but never come out.
I've tried feeding various foods, reef chili etc....after turning off pumps. It is under shade too.

No effect. What should I do?

They are all in my frag tank, should I put in my DT where there's better flow?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Two months without food that's long. Polyps might not have energy to come out right now. Is there still a lot of flesh on polyp or is it sunken? Post a picture if you can. Right now i would turn off flow and put a small piece of brine shrimp on top of the polyp and leave it like that for good 20 minutes, see if polyp try to come or if it takes food inside its mouth. If it eats like that , feed it twice a day until polyp has energy to expand on its own, which might take few weeks. Once healthy i find them very easy and not picky about flow or light. Good luck.

Reef chilli and other powdered foods are to small for dendros and sun corals to feed exclusively, they need bigger , meaty food.

Two months without food that's long. Polyps might not have energy to come out right now. Is there still a lot of flesh on polyp or is it sunken? Post a picture if you can. Right now i would turn off flow and put a small piece of brine shrimp on top of the polyp and leave it like that for good 20 minutes, see if polyp try to come or if it takes food inside its mouth. If it eats like that , feed it twice a day until polyp has energy to expand on its own, which might take few weeks. Once healthy i find them very easy and not picky about flow or light. Good luck.
Here's a pic...after taking pic I turned off flow and put some frozen food.
The top two attached ones are eating them.

The bottom one I fragged isn't but I still see bright orange flesh inside.(don't mind the Brown stuff it's pellets from yesterday I removed before feeding today).

They are near overflow in my fuge, so they get little flow only. And always covered from light. I've had these for a year.
What else can I try? Thx
98fe9094aab506223890e97b2a94021b.jpg

Bump...
Been feeding them every week.
Still the lone dendro isn't coming out. It's bright orange few orange tentacles I see in the flow that's it.

It's under shade and in low flow.

Pls advice thanks

Keep feeding every day, better twice a day, it needs a lot of food and time to regrow its tissue. Good thing it is eating, but it will take time.

You will be lucky if you get this one to health, need more food right now then twice a week. Once fully healthy with tissue regrown over the skeleton, you can do spot feeding two times a week. I feed my dendros 4 times a week, but when I get new ones from LFS, I feed everyday to bring them to health. Powder foods like reef chili are good for small polyp filter feeders like gorgonians, dendros and sun corals need bigger food like mysic, brine shrimp, etc.

That is healthy dendro

22292097390_d52eabdfb2_c.jpg
[/url]nano13 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back