Favorite Eating Establishments

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7009244#post7009244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DrBDC
Bad news for you Nanook, I think India Rasoi's closed.

I thought I heard he had some problems with illegal aliens?? But not sure...was this in the paper or on TV?

I'm not sure. I'm talking about the one that was in the old building that used to be the Springs on Manchester IN Manchester.

My wife said the one I was thinking of was named something different. She said there is one in the strip mall next to Uncle Sams just east of 141 on the south side of Manchester.

Alexandria's on Midrivers Mall Dr., great sandwiches
Olive Garden
El Maguey, good Mexican and very cheap, and great chips and salas
Giordanos- the best pizza, but you have to go to Chicago to get it, or they'll FedEx one to you overnight

Pizza- Cusanelli's 55 & Bayless, Farottos
Although, not to many pizza places that I don't care for.

No one mentioned Pointers Pizza in Maplewood. $500 for 2 people eating a 2 meat topping pizza in 1 hour. Check out their site. www.pointerspizza.com
We would get them for my daughters birthday. Really simplified things

Italian- Too many. Guiseppies (mispelled) south grand & meramec
is good.

No one mentioned Thai!
King & I on south grand
Manee Thai in Ballwin (he owns numerous locations but different names)

Chinese- Yangzee in Ballwin
(well, as far as crab rangoon and I'll go against anyone that wants to dispute this)

Wings-That's tough but I'll go with mine. Let me know if you want to call me on that! Just make sure you bring some milk or you you'll end up like me. 24 with ulcers and been taking nexium for 4 years. I don't like milk. Just like it hot!

BBQ- Let's see. That would be a good get together for a day. We can all get together at a park or whatnot and everyone can bring/cook whatever. Chilli, ribs, etc...
I'll smoke ribs. 2 slabs of baby backs take
exactly 4 hours and 37 minutes (1 sauced, 1 dry rub)

Mexican- Since there is no really hands down one, I'd have to say El Maugey, BUT you have to order Tacos de carne asada. Get a side order of sour cream and cheese and you're good to go!

Now to the final
Sandwiches- Basket Case (hands down, make the hill look like Subway) It's worth the drive to Washington, MO which is about 40-45 from south county or west county (west)

BTW Cindy Cunetto (Siebel) is my neighbor. I've known her for almost 6 years since we moved in here in ballwin. She drinks too much of my beer!

for mexican in chesterfield valley, matidor rules. it's really good and really cheap. beats el maugey totally.
in ofallon, we go to el tio pepe

steak? annie gunns.

pizza: imos or stephaninas in wentzville & ofallon.

sounds like i need to drive into the city to eat more...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7013571#post7013571 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dert42
for mexican in chesterfield valley, matidor rules. it's really good and really cheap. beats el maugey totally.
in ofallon, we go to el tio pepe

steak? annie gunns.

pizza: imos or stephaninas in wentzville & ofallon.

sounds like i need to drive into the city to eat more...

Matidor is the same as El Maugey. They are all under the same umbrella and that includes El Nepol too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7013756#post7013756 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by trottman
i thought that one was cheap and the ohter two were expensive... but they were the same food. correct?

I only eat 2 things from there.

Tacos de carne asada

Vegitarian Dinner #1

and they are the same price at any of the locations. I don't know about the rest of the menu.

FYI, El Maugey's is the same as El Nopal without as fancy of an atmosphere and a smaller bill. It's owned by the same family and same recipe's. Not that El Nopal's is fancy enough to really warrent a bigger bill but it is a little more of a "fine dining" atmosphere.

Did you know crab rangoon came from Springfield Missouri! I had read or saw the news on that one. Not that the news tells the truth! :lolspin:

Hot salami and roast beef from Gioia's

Any sandwich from Southwest Market

Fish from the VFW on Midland in Overland (the one with the helicoptor in front)

Welsh - Llewellyn's in Webster

Hamburger - The Trainwreck or O'Connells

Italian - Frank Papa's in Brentwood

Pork steak from Tucker's on Manchester! Great steaks too but when they bring out the pork steak everyone turns around and watches the waiter/waitress bring it out.

food

food

Fish from the VFW on Midland in Overland (the one with the helicoptor in front)

The other VFW on Midland in Overland in front of the old swimming pool is really good also. You get more for your money.

Deli- Olive Street Deli on Olive and Woodson.

Las Palmas Mexican Restraunt- The one on Page Ave.

What did you have? Did you take my suggestion? Tacos de carne asada with a side order of sour cream and shredded cheese?

What did you have? Did you take my suggestion? Tacos de carne asada with a side order of sour cream and shredded cheese?

Back