Favorite Eating Establishments

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7016781#post7016781 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JxMetal
What's a VFW?

Veteran of Foreign Wars

Next time you go, get it. Make sure you follow the order though and don't forget the green sauce that comes with it. If you don't like it, I'll send you some cash for another meal!

VFW - it's like a club where Vets hang out. Every Friday they have a fishfry and it's awesome. (The other one on Midland is an American Legion Post I think).

My Grandfather was a vet of WWII...it was common for him and his buddies and wives to spend a LOT of time at the VFW Hall...they ate, drank and smoked and hung out. That was a great generation of Americans.

dave:)

Meetings

Meetings

Well,

My thinking is that in addition to getting out when the wife and I have time, maybe we could also try and have a SLASH meeting or two at some of our favorite eating places!

I enjoyed pizza night last night, we just basically talked about reefing (what else), and SLASH, but I would bet that we could do that at any place with tables enough for us to sit around.

Very true Howard. That is actually part of the goal here, not only enjoying our hobby but building the friendships.

My Favorite Mexican Food: If you haven't tries Chuy Arzola's in Dogtown on Clayton your missing out. Some of the best salsa and steak fajitas this side of the rio grande. I'm drooling on my keyboard as I type this.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7023352#post7023352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sj022698
They do have good food. Then you can stop by Seamus McDaniels which is about 1/2 block!

Next time I'm out that way I'll be sure to stop by or stagger in.;)

Indian: Priyaa at Dorsett & McKelvey! Awesome any time, but they have a great buffet at lunch.

There is an India's Rasoi in Clayton (is there one on Manchester?). I have only been there once, had high expectations, and found it too salty.

If anyone knows of a single Indian restaurant in St. Charles, I would be forever indebted to you. I used to live in U City and am realizing that I was terribly spoiled as far as restaurants.

Thai: Thai Country Cafe in the Loop. I do think they serve the best Pad Thai in the world (although I have never been to Thailand). Thai Kitchen at Dorsett & McKelvey is excellent also, if you get a curry.

Italian: Cunnetto's (on the Hill!) -- My family used to go there every year for my birthday

Chinese: Guo Bin, Delmar & 170, underneath a retirement home... Hunan Empress on Olive near 141 is very good, too.

Mexican: Qdoba (there's a location on Manchester and one in the Loop) has recently replaced El Maguey at the top of my list. Really they are apples and oranges, though; Qdoba is much more fresh, and El Maguey is good if you want something heavier.

American/mix:
I don't know about a favorite, but I ate at Lewis & Clark's on Main Street in St. Charles the other night for my anniversary. Very good food, good service, and a very cool atmosphere.

Sweet Tomatoes (on Olive at Lindbergh) is great if you like salads.

P.S. I should add this disclaimer: I am a vegetarian, so I make no claims about any meat dishes at any of the above!

Vegetarin dinner #1 at El Maugey. I was a veggie for about 6 years. My wife has been one since second grade and she is 25

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7024749#post7024749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sj022698
Vegetarin dinner #1 at El Maugey. I was a veggie for about 6 years. My wife has been one since second grade and she is 25

I can't remember the number of my dish... even though I always get the same thing! Maybe #73. It isn't under the vegetarian section. I get it with bean burritoes, cheese enchiladas, and rice. YUM.

I've been veg since I was 12 and am now 28! I converted my husband many years ago, which is great since he is an awesome cook. ;)

Back