February Tank Of The Month (nitr8)

This really is an amazing tank. We went by to for some frags awhile back and now my wife always asks why our tank doesn't look like that.

Congrats Macon!

I just read about the new tank. Lets get it done. You got tank of the month with this one. Nothing more it can do. ;-)

This really is an amazing tank. We went by to for some frags awhile back and now my wife always asks why our tank doesn't look like that.

Congrats Macon!

lol patience my friend

Beautiful tank! I love the scape--colorful but not too crowded.

Thanks. It was way over crowded about a year ago but I've thinned out a lot since then.

I just read about the new tank. Lets get it done. You got tank of the month with this one. Nothing more it can do. ;-)

it will be a couple years before I start the new build.

Looks really awesome. Removing the large colonies was a nice change and resulted in a great looking coral-scape overall.

Where did you find that red serpent star? It's the second one I've seen on RC this month but I've never seen one in person.

If you do an upgrade, I'd say go 36" front to back. You'll love it.

Congrats!!! I just logged on today to send you a PM to pick up some frags from you & saw this! Wow :)

Nice chatting with you. Look forward to meeting you.

Amazing looking tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Looks really awesome. Removing the large colonies was a nice change and resulted in a great looking coral-scape overall.

Where did you find that red serpent star? It's the second one I've seen on RC this month but I've never seen one in person.

If you do an upgrade, I'd say go 36" front to back. You'll love it.

Thanks. I love the way it looks in person now that its not so packed. I just think it looks better in the pictures as a acro forest. lol

I got mine from a shop in Orlando. I cant remember the name of the store but the stars are called cherry red serpents. Mine is a little over a foot long and is a model citizen. Any scrap of food that hits the substrate is immediately cleaned up. Even gets long with my Harlequin Shrimp. They dont seem to be interested in the star at all. The only issue I've had is I used to have a large arrow crab and it was a battle royal between them every time I fed the tank. It was fun to watch them go at back and forth across the tank but they were too destructive. Breaking corals left and right. I ended up getting rid of the crab and no issues since. I highly recommend them as they are always a topic of discussion and an excellent addition to the CUC.

Awesome tank! Great example of what LEDs can do. I am building a new 105g and have 3 LED fixtures and was doubting whether I should keep them or switch to T5. They're gonna stay!.

Awesome tank!

Thanks

Awesome tank! Great example of what LEDs can do. I am building a new 105g and have 3 LED fixtures and was doubting whether I should keep them or switch to T5. They're gonna stay!.

Glad my tank could inspire you. Be very careful with the white LEDs. Very gradual adjustments. I had to learn the hard way on this one.

Congrats and awesome job! Your patience has paid off.

Thank you.

Glad I got to see your tank in person the other day! It really looks fantastic. Thanks for the awesome frags too; they are doing great.

Back