Feeding Mandarins in QT

(guiltily looking around while prolonging the highjack)
The fact that you took the picture makes it even better. Congratulations on a great shot.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14928255#post14928255 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stricknine
I had a mandarin in a 24 with a pair of clowns and it ate prepared foods all the time. Now it is in a 72 with the pair of clowns and a regal tang and they are just too aggressive of feeders the mandy doesnt get the chance to eat what I feed, a cube is gone within a minute, and the mandarin is not that aggressive.

I'd love to read up on culturing my own live food (baby brine/pods), anyone have a supplier thread or link to point me in the right direction?

A regal tang, a pair of clowns and a mandy in a 72?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14934217#post14934217 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by abulgin
A regal tang, a pair of clowns and a mandy in a 72?

Whats wrong with that? Sounds like a low bioload to me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14947309#post14947309 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanz
Whats wrong with that? Sounds like a low bioload to me.

It is indeed a light bioload, but the Regal Tang (Pacific Blue) gets pretty big and really needs a tank about twice as big as a 72. Will probably do fine for a good while, but just note that they need lots of room to swim so you'll want to keep further stocking light.

TangPolice.jpg

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14947814#post14947814 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanz
Tang Police, thats too funny.

How about a yellow tang in a 75?

That's about the minimum size tank for a yellow.

Back