finally found a reef safe and hardy starfish

Looks like one made it!

Looks like one made it!

Well after three months with these guys in my tank one finally made an appearance! I was thinking they must have been dead but apparently not! Supposedly there is another one in my tank somewhere! This made my day to see it on the glass.

I got the smaller ones from KP aquatics!

Attachments

• IMG_3284-1.jpg
    IMG_3284-1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
did you ship the starfish overnight or ground shipping ? has anyone attempted to ship one of those starfish usps ground ?

Thinking about getting one of these. How mature of a tank do you think I need to be able to maintain one of these? My tank is about 3 months old right now.

I had a few of these. Easy to care for but they ate my snails so I had to get rid of them.

What kind of snails and how do you know this and if they weren't already dead/dying? I haven't seen a single one mess with any of my snails.

What kind of snails and how do you know this and if they weren't already dead/dying? I haven't seen a single one mess with any of my snails.

Ate all kinds that I have aside from nassarius. Astrea, trochus, and a local type that I collected from the beach.

Both of mine are still moving around. Haven't gotten much bigger I don't think. Not sure of what size ranges are common for them. But being alive and not looking dead seems good after this period of time.

Took this one just now with the lights down about to turn off for the night.
5bb360a5e78f19a5e00afbaecd4a603e.jpg

8297dd829ff7dabbff277c32b8624e43.jpg

Jason, have you found out what they really eat yet.
Nope. :)

I imagine what ever they can fit in their mouth. When I first got them I did put some meaty foods up to where they were and they did respond to it. But otherwise have never spot fed them or notice them feasting on anything specific.

Back