Finding Dory

Goldenshark14

Anyone like me ranting about the effect finding dory will have on saltwater fish? Unfortunate casting really. If it were real then Marlin and Nemo would have likely died of ich on their journey from the stress not to mention the sudden changes in pH and chlorine from being flushed down a toilet. Also, given the hermaphrodite nature of clowns, when nemo's mum died, marlin woulf have become female and mated with nemo.

Oh gez! I found Dory and Nemo years ago and have em in a 120 gal. tank which makes me the devil. :deadhorse1:

So far it seems the movie hasn't have much impact on blue tang sales. At least that's what the stores here say.

Anyone like me ranting about the effect finding dory will have on saltwater fish? Unfortunate casting really. If it were real then Marlin and Nemo would have likely died of ich on their journey from the stress not to mention the sudden changes in pH and chlorine from being flushed down a toilet. Also, given the hermaphrodite nature of clowns, when nemo's mum died, marlin woulf have become female and mated with nemo.

Nemo wouldn't have been Marlin's son to begin with...
... let alone that Marlin would have left his anemone to go to find stupid Nemo. It's not just a safety aspect, but also abandoning prime real-estate for any other clownfish to take. They likely would have come home to a clarkii having taken over the anemone (clarkii are known to settle first in smaller anemones and once too large for those move up to a larger).

Last edited:
I was in an LSS shortly after the movie came out and a man had a fishbowl in his hand and asked to buy a Nemo fish. Thank God the store did not sell him one!

Many years ago when I was in the Navy I took a part time job at an LFS. Worked great to do something I enjoyed, and helped pay for my hobby :) It was amazing though how many people would walk in and insist on a yellow tang or anything else, get offended when questioned, insist they had salt water, and then show back up the next day demanding a refund. Then they would refuse us testing their water, eventually go home to get some, and sure enough it was fresh water. "But, I added the so many teaspoons per gallon the little box from Walmart said to add". The owner of the store encouraged us to ask questions, but once a customer got offended and demanded we were to let it go and the results were always the same :( Many just walked off mad, so some fish saved. LONG before Dory and Nemo.

The movie "Cars" encourages speeding though. I think that's something new :)

Back