first fish passed away :(

miaminemo

So I got a call from the GF this morning saying she didnt see my naso tang.. i figured she was just being silly.

Came home and sure enough tang is gone... no signs of him.. medium to medium large fish just gone.. really sad about it.. he was my first fish and came with the tank I bought.. Was a healthy guy, loved to eat from your hand.. always came up to say hi..

So he will be missed..

girlfriend wants to replace him, and ive been thinking powder blue for a while.. but i dont know if i want to add another one in.. fish dying cant have been good for the water quality..

went to AA and picked up buy one get one free cyclopeeze.. saw a powder blue.. but cant even think about dropping the kind of cash they ask for one..

sorry, just rambling now.

RIP tang.

already done 10 gallons (my rodi system isnt the fastest at producing water..) And Ill do another 10-20 tomorrow depending on how much time I have.. thatll amount to about a 30%.. which should be sufficient..

sorry to hear that that's always a bummer.
food for thought
you'd be better off doing 1 larger one than 3 smaller ones. has to do with the second and 3rd changes will be pulling out "cleaner" water where a single water change would pull out more toxins

i know theoretically it would be better, but i dont have anything larger than 5 gallon buckets.. and my RO system produces kinda slow..

Back