First Saltwater Tank

Awesome. My clown doesn’t swim much in my tank sticks to one corner but will go exploring every now and then.

I’d hold off on the anemone for a bit until the tank is established for a few months to a year.

Awesome. My clown doesn’t swim much in my tank sticks to one corner but will go exploring every now and then.

I’d hold off on the anemone for a bit until the tank is established for a few months to a year.
I think almost all clowns are like that....they dont tend to wonder around much.....

New fish today! Picked up a striped blenny. I like the way he moves and stops on a dime. The fish all seem to be fine with the wave maker. It has a "tidal" setting that they enjoy and feed mode is very convenient.

Attachments

• 1000002476.jpg
    1000002476.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230514_181744.jpg
    20230514_181744.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Good bass fishing there? I’m in Missouri and never fished north of here. I’ve fished the Lake of the Ozarks my whole life.

Good bass fishing there? I’m in Missouri and never fished north of here. I’ve fished the Lake of the Ozarks my whole life.
I hear the fishing is great on that lake. They do stock it as well I believe. I go there every year to play golf and drink beer, haven't gotten around to fishing yet

I'm planning on 7 - 10 fish in this tank. With two clowns and a blenny, any recommendations on what I could add next? Was thinking a damsel or tang being added last.

Here are some tips and recommendations that you can follow, while plumbing your 55-gallon tank with a 29-gallon sump :
-Take into account 1-inch overflow drains and a 1.25-inch return line.
-Depending on your desire and arrangement, choose between side and bottom location for the overflow drain.
-Prepare a sump layout for effective equipment placement.
-Conduct research and seek assistance from seasoned saltwater hobbyists.

Picked up a blue devil damsel today. Wasn't a lot of stock at me fish store today but I like the color of these. It was in a community tank for the last year they said so hopefully it will get along well. I need to work on my photography techniques haha

Attachments

• 1000002539.jpg
    1000002539.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 8
I have a Blue Devil with another damsel and 2 Clarkii clowns in a 40 breeder. He’s not been an issue.

Back