First SCUBA class

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12280728#post12280728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scbauer
Have you ever been diving before your class?

Never.

I was just happy that I could clear my mask in one try.

That's so cool... I remember the first time I put the gear on. It really is exciting. A few more weeks and you'll be ready for your open water dives.

I'm sure your instructor has something lined up, but keep in mind that you can usually do your open water dives with a different instructor. What I'm getting at is that if you finish your certification in Flagstaff then you will probably do your open water dives in a cold, murkey, dirty lake or resivoir. You probably have the option to delay your open water dives and take a weekend trip to San Diego or Mexico... Do you have any plans for your open water dives?

-Scott

Actually the last week in April we go to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point, Mexico) and get certified. Camp on the beach, dive, enjoy some food and beer, gonna be awesome.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12285492#post12285492 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crrichey
Actually the last week in April we go to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point, Mexico) and get certified. Camp on the beach, dive, enjoy some food and beer, gonna be awesome.

Just don't drink and dive.
Have fun

Just about drowned trying to take my BC off at the surface and put it back on. Had 8lbs of weight on and no fins.... Took about 10 minutes before I figured out that I should loosen the shoulder straps before taking it off and putting it back on. That made things MUCH easier!

Back