First tank ever 15g how many fish can fit in. Also put prime in water cause ammonia level was a bit high need lighting what direction should i go in

moriba

First tank ever 15g. How many fish can fit and what sort of lighting can be affixed to tank, also had to put more prime in water ammonia levels were high. When would I actually be able to out fish in my tank

Would you like lighting for coral? An AI Prime would give you some future proofing if you decide to go bigger tank down the road, however a Reefbreeders nano led would be a good match for 15 gallons.

Reef Breeders Reef Nano LED - ReefBreeders.com

The prime you are adding is actually intended for ammonia emergencies. When you are starting a new tank, you don't need to add that product as you actually want beneficial bacterial to develop and deal with the ammonia naturally. Do a search on nitrogen cycle to learn more.

Thank you. I only put the prime cause the guy at the store said all water levels were good except the ammonia levels, seriously every time I go there he trying to sale me more stuff

Back