Fish ideas please

Andrew

Ive got a 75 thats going to be a mixed reef. No SPS or clams. This is what I have now:

4- Green chromis 1''
2- True Perculas 1''

I want to add the following still:

1- royal gramma 1''
1- Yellow, kole, convict, blue, or Chevron tang. 2-3'' ( not sure which one )

What else would be good to add to the tank with the the royal gramma?

flame angel??? Copperbanded blutterfly?? Those are just two I'd probably be considering if I didn't want to have a softie tank with giants clams.

Kole tangs are very active and graze all day...need a lot of rock and lots of room..

Blue (regal? Hippo?) tangs get HUGE!!!

Atlantic Blue tangs are comparable to yellow.

You should be ok with a yellow, they are not as active as other tangs, but are mean!!!

I've never had a convit or Chevron tang. I do know the chevrons are expensive!!! I would wan't to kill one of them....

Six lines are beautiful, very underrated fish. Very active, swim in and out and along the rock...cool to watch.

I like the dwarf angel idea but worried they would nip at my corals. I think this will be my complete stocking list:

4- Green chromis
2- True perculas
1- Royal gramma
1- tang ( listed above )

Maybe a dwarf angel or copper baned

Tangs are tempting but there's a lot of unkowns in whether one that you add to a tank that's 75-gallons will be, very soon, a big problem. I would consider a Kole....I have a Chevron in my 120-gallon tank and now that it's about three-inches in size I can see that its once very peaceful temperament is coming to an end and it will soon have to be converted into credit at the fish store. I'd recommend a wrasse of the Fairy Wrasse family for you...take a look at the Solarensis, Elagance and Lubbock Wrasses of the Fairy Wrasse group. They'll add incredible color and none of the baggage of other fish to your reef.

I thought about a goby. Give me some ideas of fish to add to the tank at the same time as the royal gramma. The tang will be added last.

I'd add a coral beauty. It's a lovely fish, and its colours will complement those of the royal gramma (though they may have a bit of a fight at the beginning before territories are sorted out). It's been said that any dwarf angel is a gamble, but my CB hasn't bothered my clams or softies at all since I put him into the mix.

So if I would get a coral beauty then when should I add him? Could I add him at the same time as I add the royal gramma? The tank has tons of rocks and caves so im not worried about that. This is what I have left to add:

royal gramma
coral beauty
kole tang
small goby of some kind

Get a yellow headed jawfish, or a goby/shrimp pair....would be small, and not add much to bioload....

Well went to a new lfs and picked up a Orange Spotted Goby, or well thats what it looks like. Not sure yet. Ill have to get a picture. Im going to keep him in a qt tank and watch him for 3-4 weeks to make sure no diseases form and next week im going to a fish warehouse to get a royal gramma or anthor small fish. They won't be in the main tank for atleast 4-5 weeks.

Well heres the list:

This is what I have already:

4- green chromis 1'' ( in the tank now )
2- Percula clownfish 1'' ( in the tank now )
1- Wheeler's Watchman Goby ( over 1'' and is in the qt tank )

This is what im getting:

1- royal gamma 1''
1- coral beauty 1-2''
1- kole tang 1-2''

Is that a good amount of fish or is there anthor small goby or something I can add? I know its alot of fish but most of the fish are small are won't add to the bio-load much.

Back