FreshWater Dips

furface

Hi all, I took the decision to remove all the fish and freshwater dip them. The freckle face was looking rough but I couldn’t tell what it was.
It’s not complete yet as I’m treating them to a bath as well. I can give you my fish list and those that didn’t make it -

Freckle face tang
Pair Wantanabei Angels
2 x Female Blackspot Angels
Tomini Tang
Convict Tang
Moorish Idol
Peacock Wrasse
Yellow Tail Tamarin Wrasse
Copper and Butterfly
Blackcap Gramma
McCoskers Flasher Wrassse - female
The Blackcap didn’t make it. So I personally and others opinions may be different. I wouldn’t freshwater dip another Blackcap.

Last edited:
Best of luck. Sorry to hear about the loss of the Blackcap. I remember how excited you were to get that fish.

Best of luck. Sorry to hear about the loss of the Blackcap. I remember how excited you were to get that fish.
Yeah, it was a dream fish. I’m really positive about the treatment but I take it personally when I lose anything.

I’ve got to say, ALL the other fish look great today. So a positive outcome after all. Surprised about the Tomini Tang but will never ever fresh water dip a blackcap Gramma again. He died very quickly once out back into salt water. Maybe others have different views, but I can only share my experience.

Back