Fish predator captured (pic included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drama07

Just like to show everyone what I caught overnight with a tilted lee's breeder container. This crab killed and presumably ate both my clownfish and I also believe my cleaner wrasse too. Proof of this occurred one night at 3am when I decided to use a flashlight to check out the tank and saw this crab harassing one of my clownfish. Sorry but it was nearly impossible to capture it at the time and the next morning the fish was gone :(

Is this a gorilla crab?

DSC05817.jpg

tekdave: yes, of course, very serious :mad2:

fiat: I believe it hitchhiked on the rock and grew to this size.

Next time you may try freezing it. Much more humane. Stick it in a container with water and place in freezer. As the temperature drops it will "falll asleep", never to wake. The toilet means that it gets to die a horrible death of choking on feces. With those devil eyes, someone probably would have placed it in a species tank or other such preditor tank. Mean looking. The claws remind me of rock crabs.

How do they survive the LR curing??? I just cured 45lbs of Ponphei and never saw the first leg !!! So dissappointing..

How long ago did you cure your rock? Maybe still a chance I might get some hitchhikers?

Curly

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14176902#post14176902 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drama07
i flushed it down the toilet
Wow, that is really pathetic. In my 30+ years of fish keeping I have never intentionally killed anything. You should have taken it to a LFS and traded or given it to them.

Hell you did not even know what it was or if it had killed anything.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14177119#post14177119 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juruense
Wow, that is really pathetic. In my 30+ years of fish keeping I have never intentionally killed anything. You should have taken it to a LFS and traded or given it to them.

And this post is what? Productive? Do men really feel this way?

Damn the op for not having feelings for a fish eating crab. You crab killer! ; )

Edited to say this is a sarcastic humorous post toward the crab lovers. I'm with the op here.

Last edited:
(Looks up) :rolleyes: Moving right along.... Dude these crabs are bad news glad you caught it. Just make sure a second one is not around. Happy Reefing :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14177285#post14177285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chihuahua6
And this post is what? Productive? Do men really feel this way?

Damn the op for not having feelings for a fish eating crab. You crab killer! ; )
Wait, you called my post unproductive and then posted that...? mmmkay...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14177319#post14177319 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juruense
Wait, you called my post unproductive and then posted that...? mmmkay...

Yeah. Notice the little eye wink? ; ) Calling him a crab killer was a joke. I would have killed it too or maybe smashed it and fed it to my fish.

WOW! the crab scares the crap out of me. Don't worry about the comments above. Just be glad he is out of your tank. If you find another one call one of those guys up and ask them if they want to drive over and get it......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back