Flashing Tang

CamDAX

I have had a tang in QT for 4 weeks and 5 days (since Dec 24th) with a coral beauty and a Black and White Ocellaris. I've been feeding him Omega One Brown Seaweed and hes been eating that along with what I feed the clown SA's Hatchery Diet.

On the 12th he developed scratch marks from flashing against a rock. A couple days later the coral beauty also started flashing very little. I decided to treat him for flukes so I purchased PraziPro. I've given him 3 doses so far (1 on 16th, 1 on 19th, & one on 24th). After the first does the coral beauty stopped flashing altogether.

All his marks have gone away, he looks great, and has been eating well the whole time but he is still flashing but much less than he used to.

Does he still have flukes? Should I keep treating him/QT?

TANG POLICE DO NOT START RANTING!

Cryptocaryon (ich) symptoms also include flashing. Recommend you read the stickies on treatment and act accordingly. I'm a big fan of Tank Transfer Method (TTM) for Crypto.

I've read up on TTM and it sounds effective and easy and simple. My problem is I only have one 20gal QT and 3 5gal buckets and there are the 3 fish in the 20 QT. 1 ~3" long and 2 ~2".

10 or 20 gal tanks a relatively cheap at Petco and Petsmart. I would get another one (or two).

Another option would be clear plastic storage container (Rubbermaid and the like). Those you can get at any Wal-Mart or Target.

Though I prefer glass (or acrylic) fish tanks as they allow me to observe the fish better.

To make sure no more flukes are present you can freshwater dip your fish, though to be honest im more suspecting ich. I would with what Deinonych is suggesting and do TTM followed by a little observation just to be sure

Back