Flushing out unwanted pest

BTTRFLYGRL

Hi, wasn't sure where to post this. I just got a bunch of live rock for my new tank. The live rock from Live aquaria had directions on flushing out pest from your rock. I already have 3 hitchiking crabs, and my biggest fear is getting a Mantis. The directions state to place each piece of rock in a tub of salt water sg 1.035- 1.040. It states that all crabs and shrimp will leave the rock and you can then sort through the critters left in the tub...Anyone hear of this? can Mantis or crabs tolerate such high salinity? is there another method to flush out pest?
Thanks

Try the lfs first. Sometimes they will give you credit if you give them crabs and Mantis shrimp.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6497906#post6497906 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Andrew
Try the lfs first. Sometimes they will give you credit if you give them crabs and Mantis shrimp.

How does that help him get the pests out of his rock???

Anyway a fresh water dip is what many people use to get rid of unwanted pests. I would just give the rock a good once over and put it in the tank.

I just got a shipment from Liveaquaria. Checked out carefully, no critters in site. Put it in the tank. No problems yet....

Back