Follow and help my 90g RR AGA build!

FINALLY my coral beauty has been caught. Even though he was fine for two months he discovered montipora sp. and never stopped nippin from there. No my montiporas can thrive again! YAY

Also good news my ACjr is finally installed and workin good. Glad I can read my ph al the time. I will get aquanotes soon to put it on the computer.

Will take pics soon of the montis that are gettin better.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11486651#post11486651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thor32766
you have a beautiful tank!!!

Thanx for the comment!

IT wasnt lookin so hot when all the montis were hurrtin...

Hopefully in a week or two they will be fully recovered.
I dont think the purple digi will make it.. bummer it was a good 6-7 colony

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11489159#post11489159 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yellowwatchmen
Awesome tank! I like how you have all the softies and LPS on the bottom and all the sps on the top.

Thanx!

Well its been almost two months since ive last updated.

Sadly to say my tank has turned a whole new direction. Ive lost about 80 percent of my sps due to an uknown cause. SOme reason stuf just started to rtn. Params fine, tds fine, no different add ons to daily routine. Actually reduced the biload, etc. Some sps is alive and doin good but a lot of it died.

Fish are all very fat and healthy!!

I re aquascaped the tank to allow a new look and new places to keep lps and other stuff.

I will take pics soon for an update on that

xenon- I have two seio m1100 and one seio m620. That and my eheim 1262 return pump is around 3000 gph.
Ive keept all my sps for a year and a half , some even longer. The decline of my tank was very random and happened quick.

I have to be honest though since its decline i dont put as much time as i use to in it and i can tell a huge difference.

Reeftanks6- My current fish list is

lavender tang
sailfin tang
gsm
bicolor psuedo
mandarin
4 reef chromis
diamond head goby

I need to start gettin back in gear with all my tedious fish duties.lol

Ill update soon with pics of the changes when you dont take care of your tank like you should.

Evan

Evan, that's what happens when you get an XBOX360. You end up working and playing games 24/7. Don't forget there's other things more important like family, girlfriends, fish duties, and etc. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12006233#post12006233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blide
Evan, that's what happens when you get an XBOX360. You end up working and playing games 24/7. Don't forget there's other things more important like family, girlfriends, fish duties, and etc. :)

You pretty muched hit it dead on Bill, lol.

cod 4 has been my new addicition. and if im not doin that im with my girlfriend or at school. so the tank doesnt get as much babysittin as it should. However when i saw my tank decline, i havent changed or added anything soo it was all a bit weird to me.

At least my lps and softies are doin good. And my fish are all perfect.

One day when i get my own house and all, I will get back into the sps scene and try my luck with a large tank.

Your right its perfect time for an update.

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM WITH MY TANK!!!!!

I have Sure Grips on my seio pumps in my tank. I had one that held a seio 620 that was on the overflow. so the other side of the magnet was in the overflow. Well one day I moved the pump and the magnet fell to the bottom of the overflow. Well with over a 100lbs of rock and a million sps the last thing I wanted to do was take it all down to get the magnet. I had plenty of rock where it was so i set the pump on the rock and it then forgot about it since it was fine right there. Around that time I noticed a big decline in all my sps. Sure enough bam they were all dead except for one. It was soo odd to me that after two years of keeping sps with good results ,somethin like that could happen. I researched everything I could possible research and did everything. All paramters were fairly normal. Nothin was workin.
Well 4-5months later I started gettin back into the swing of things and was determined to find out why my tank cant even keep softies and stuff anymore.. much less sps. Sure enough the magnet that feel popped open and exposed tons of metal. It was covered in rust. Dont know what type of metal it was, but it was completly rusted. AHHH!!!. Took it out. did a couple big water changes 2-3 days apart. All the lps that survived perked back up immeditaely within a day. The sps even got growth tips and gained about 80 percent of its color bak. I had all my rock cooking for 4-5 weeks since there was soo much crap growin on it so a week ago i put in all that fresh LR. Ive cleaned up my refugium/sump and got new chaeto. got the skimmer workin good. have new phosban, carbon in the reactor. A whole new cleanup crew. Its been about two weeks now and everything is lookin good. I have new tester frags other than that acro that survied. All my phish have been non affected throughout the whole problem. Fat and healthy as can be. Except! for the mandarin. Poor guy.. he was such a nice healthy mandarin. Had him for a year, but since I didnt have any macro algaes or much LR he probably starved. I never noticed any bad sings though or else I would of got him out.

I am getting new 15k iwasaki's replacements sicne I had good results with them before. Also need new vho actinics bulb replcaments.
I have a bit of brown algae on the rocks and sand due to another little cycle since I just put that rock back in after cookin in the dark for a while. hopefuly that will clear up in a week or so.

It sucks to look back at all the pictures of my tank knowing how grown out it could be by now. Now its start over time.lol

I will take pictures soon
Evan

sweet tank man, i can't wait to get some corals like you have in there its awesome. and i like how clean your set up looks with the plumbing and all, i am using this to follow my build, the plumbing part scares me

Thanks for the compliment. My tank somewhat crashed due to a suregrip that rusted for months with me not knowing.However, I have several lps that survived and a couple acros. Suprisingly with the tank being as bare as it is(all the rock is cooking), and no refugium, the sps and lps have never looked better.
All fish are lookin real good to. The rock will be done cooking at the end of august. I will let the tank get situated for a while once the rock is in and slowly start aquiring sps frags from members in the dallas/fort worth area. Im very fortunate be part of a good club like dfwmas.com

Plumbing scared me in the beggining too. In the end it was very easy. I tried to keep it as basic as possible.

Can't wait to watch your tank build. Im interested to see how your skimmer will do. My euro reef has been kind of wimpy lately. Even though theres not much in the tank, i noticed that when i did have a big bioloaad. I dont want to replace it soo I will try a gatevalve mod, maybe a mesh mod, recirc... that should help out.

I have taken a couple pictures of how the tank is lookin and will post the asap. Looking at all these pictures of what my tank use to look like makes me sad, darnnnn suregrip!!! I am looking foward to rebuilding it, as there were MILLIONS of tiny little things I wish I did in the begginng but couldnt do. Now I can! lol. Lukily all my old corals were through trading with people, so not a lot of money was lost ffrom the crash.

Cheers

Back