For those of you who only raise clowns

Yah... I too have noticed that I am going through salt like mad since I started to raise my little ones. My poor fish in my display keep looking at me oddly when they realize that I am not changing out their water as much as these new kids in the next room. I wonder if they are going to revolt on me....

I am very close to the point of having a larvae tank mixing station as well as my main tank mixing station. I have found that it is rather annoying to constantly adjust the salinity for what tank I am putting the water into.

:fish1::hammer:

Anyone in Orange or thereabouts got some live nannochloropsis they can donate to Nicole?

Use some live culture, it will take off faster than the disk stuff.

You are probably bored with my preaching the bleach method, so I won't go into it, but Edgar does it, Jnowell does it, I do it, and I find it to be bulletproof. Bleach the saltwater in the bottle, after letting it sit overnight, add dechlorinator and fertilizer and phyto to fill. Bubble with the standard airline tubing thing and in a week it should be dark. There I've said it again. Sorry. :D

Hee hee.

A while back I "sold" (er, let someone take away) a live phyto culture. He was nice enough to give me this algae disc when I wanted to start a new culture, and offered live phyto, but it's a long drive.

P.S. No dea babies this morning! Still a couple of runts I am worried about, though.

Back