Male clown is harassing cleaning team

Twisk

My male clownfish is absolutely NOT HAVING IT with the 2 hermits and turbo snail LOL. He has just been terrorizing the hermits. One of them went and dug himself into a whole under the rock to get away for some peace and quiet. I caught the clownfish picking up gravel and tossing it into the whole trying to bury the crab 🤣

The tiny Scarlet leg hermit he keeps flipping over. he has done it so much his shell looks like it has a black whole because it’s been almost polished clean

Be also keeps knocking the larger turbo snail off the glass wall Haha. I think it’s because the clownfish pair are prepping for their egg laying and the male is just being being more aggressive than usual. Normally, they have the whole tank to themselves and this mini cleaning crew got added a couple weeks ago.

Here I was worried the clowns would be harassed by the hermit crabs, why I got small ones

I think the hermits found a temporary shelter when the fish saver fell off today LOL

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3502.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
clownfish are so unpredictable! The worst! Thank you finding Nemo for making them popular. Mine is neurotic if it wasn’t for my 4 year old he wouldn’t be in the tank!

clownfish are so unpredictable! The worst! Thank you finding Nemo for making them popular. Mine is neurotic if it wasn’t for my 4 year old he wouldn’t be in the tank!
I think it is because they are currently housed in a a much smaller tank than they were in until the big tank is ready. In the old 55 gal they had the entire tank for over 2 years with no other animals. Now as they lay their eggs the male is not tolerating anyone else in the tank LOL

They will have to deal with a peppermint shrimp next week if he keeps harassing the hermit from cleaning the tank.

Back