FOWLR stocking advice

moe103

Hey everybody,

So I am starting up a new FOWLR system and would like some advice on fish selection. Tank stats are as follows:

tank- 72x24x30 (LxWxD)
sump with reef octopus elite 220 PS, 40 watt UV, 2 filter socks and a Dolphin Diamond Amp Master 4750-3 external pump. Should I include bioballs or something else in the sump?
2 inch LS and 150 lb LR

My fish wish list is as follows:
Holocanthus tricolor
Acanthurus leacosternon
Centropyge loricula
Gramma loreto
Gramma melacara
Chaetodon xanthurus
Chaetodon rafflesi
Chaetodon collare
Chaetodon ephippium
Pterapogon kauderni
Chromis viridis- 3
Halichoeres chrysotaenia

At some point I would like a second angel. I have narrowed it down to:
Pomacanthus navarchus
Pygoplites diacanthus
or Chaetodontoplus duboulayi (if I win the lottery)

Please let me know what you think of my selection. I am new to SW but this is for an office I work in and I have a professional company that will service the tank and qt the fish prior to stocking. As the resident expert (I care enough to do the research) they have left the decisions up to me.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I would avoid the chromis. Their numbers always dwindle down after a while and a lot of them come in sick anyway. You could get some fairy or flasher wrasses in stead.

One question, I notice you said you have a professional company quarantining your fish. Do you trust them enough to do this and do it properly?? And who is reliable if a fish dies during their care of the quarantine process or dies 2-3 days after their arrival in your tank. Just something to think about.

I trust them. If the fish dies within the first week they will replace it. The reason I am asking for advice from the forum is that they have something to sell- fish and I would like unbiased, experienced advice.

I trust them. If the fish dies within the first week they will replace it. The reason I am asking for advice from the forum is that they have something to sell- fish and I would like unbiased, experienced advice.

honestly having a 180 I think that would be fine, but that does seem like a lot of butterfly fish. Are those your favorites? If not, I would think about switching some out for maybe like a yellow/purple tang, tomini tang or a kole tang.

I wouldnt add more then 4-5 larger fish but thats just me. I also like the way anthias "school" together

I second to not add the chromis.

Back