Frag Swap is ON! Nov 9th

OneReef

Reef Guru
I am pleased to announce that things seem to be coming together for a frag swap. This will be put on by Memphis Area Reef Society, with a big help from Richard and Memfish.

Details: (that I know so far)
What: MARS Frag Swap
When: Saturday, November 9th, 2013
Where: 5685 Quince Ave. Memphis, TN (this is an empty store space right next to Memfish)
Time: 10am-3pm, but we can be flexible if need be

The following costs are not set in stone yet, but a rough estimate of costs.
Space for vendors: $25 per unit (table) space, and vendors will need to supply their own table/chair.
Admission for non-vendors: $3

The reasons for the above fees are: Event insurance is going to cost $250+. MARS currently has zero funds, so I am footing the bill upfront, and trying to make some back to pay the insurance bill. Tables - Last year the cost of tables and delivery was $750+ and that was the cheapest quotes we could get. Seeing as how we have no funds currently, we are asking for vendors to bring their own tables of any kind for their own tanks. I realize this is an inconvenience, but this is the only way for a frag swap to take place at this time. It is that, or we don't have a swap at all unfortunately.

If you are interested in having a table/area at the swap for your dry goods or livestock, please PM me and we will work out the details.

I will maybe need a couple of volunteers, just to sit at the door and collect money for entrance. Maybe one person from 10-12 and another from 12-3. Or if more volunteer, we could just do an hour at a time per person to make it easier.

With Memfish being next door, getting water for your tanks should not be a problem, if you cannot bring your own.

We are planning to try and get a food truck to come and park in the parking lot, so that food will be available.

We also hope to have a raffle and door prizes, depending on the donations that we can acquire from companies between now and the swap.

Thanks, I hope we can all pull together and make this happen.

Subject to change, I don't have a Soccer game that day yet.

I'll be there. Let me know what you need Jay in terms of help.

Back