Frag tank build

jaguila82

Hello all. i am in the middle of a frag tank build. 50gal low boy by zoo med an a 40gal breeder as a sump.BRS dual GFO & carbon reactor. 2 ecotech marine radion. 1 bubble magus BM100SE skimmer. an a ecotech marine M1 return pump. with that being said ill being posting pics of the build. the only debate im having is on the sump build part (do i add a refugium?) i have a few ideas for the sump build. but cant pull the trigger. an ideas on the sump or personal experience would be great. i an post pic of what i have drawn up. i do want the return on the end of the sump i do know that. thanks happy reefing

Attachments

• 20180504_232944.jpg
    20180504_232944.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 3
I have been looking for a reef ready overflow baffle for the back center so u can drill out the bottom. I've had no success finding one. so I will be making my own out of 1/4" foamed pic board (black). I have 2 2x4 sheets. that I'm going to use for my sump. once I cut an shape it I will post pics an explain how I did it.

Hardware store or glass store and just buy a cut piece of glass and silicone in. Should be cheap.

I'm going for a clean look on the rear center. glass like that won't cut it for me on this build. foamed pvc is easy to work with an an should give me the curved look I'm going for. like the mega reef ready overflows. but thanks for the reply. if I was going with a corner overflow th at would probley be best

Back