fraggin' zoas?

mikejones

I have various types of zoas in one rock and I would like to get some off of each, and put'em in different reef discs, so my question is how should I fragg them zoas?

TIA
mike

beside just breaking the rock off, use razor blade to cut as close as you can to the rock and slowly peel off the mat.

I never had such patience and just resorted to hammer and chisel.

The thing is that it is a small rock and was thinking of just getting 1 or 2 off of it of each. I might try the razor blade thing.

thanx Scissorhand

you could always stuff a small rock right next to the one with zoos and let them transfer over. i've done that in the past and within a month a few will be on the new rock.

Zoanthids produce palytoxin as a defensive system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palytoxin

I read a story on here where someone was fragging a colony and was using a bucket to hold the frags before placing on a frag rack. Well it turns out that his dog came over and licked the palytoxin filled water and ended up dying.

While I wouldnt consider fragging this coral dangerous, I would avoid contact with your mouth, and don't let any pets near your working area :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11662305#post11662305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dragonforce
Zoanthids produce palytoxin as a defensive system.

Well it turns out that his dog came over and licked the palytoxin

dang that sucks

thanks everyone, but Im aready done fragging the zoas and I did used safety glasses and gloves luckly the zoas didn't squirt at all, now Im just waitting for them to open all the way. :D.

mike

Back