fragging a bubble

circusink22

anyone frag a bubble before?
I have a bubble that is the size of a cantalope, it has a lobe on it that is the size of a softball , I was thinking of putting a zip tie around the lobe letting the flesh recide for a week and then use a dremel, but that wont go all the way through. would I be able to snap it the rest of the way off? any suggestions would help

If you can get some bare skeleton (using the zip tie method) to cut or score with the dremel, you should be able to snap the rest of the way through the skeleton, but it will depend on what shape the skeleton is.

If it is too thick, you may need to use a tile saw to cut through the thicker areas of skeleton.

A post fragging reef dip would help prevent any bacterial infections.

Not hard to do. Cut it with a diamond Dremel cutoff wheel. Keep in good flow until healed. I've done it successfully.

I did it! I had one I got for $20 and wanted to try it. I took the dremel diamond wheel to the bottom of the skeleton all of the way around, then took a screw driver and a hammer to it. I broke the skeleton in half and then separated the two halves of the skeleton. The tissue on the top separated over a week or so until there was very little tissue connecting the two halves. I got tired of waiting, cut the remaining part with scissors and both halves lived for 2-3 months until I sold them for ~$20/each. Fun. I read directions and pictures somewhere online and copied the method exactly.

Ron

I've seen it done with a wet tile saw, he put saltwater in the reservoir and just cut it in half then cut the tissue with a scalpel.

Back